Joao Cancelo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, Juve supporter here.
I'm not exactly up to date with the latest rumors regarding Cancelo, what with us anxiously waiting for a new coach and all that; what I can say is that he's not the most reliable or consistent of players. He has his moments of brilliance building up play from the back and running forward but he lacks experience in purely defensive terms, and maybe that was even more noticeable with us because of our habit of having a reliable defence. He had a good start of the season and then an injury kept him out until the end of 2018. When he came back his performances were full of holes (I still remember with horror his many mistakes in the second leg against Ajax), with the occasional spark of creativity.

He's still a relatively young player so he can still mature and improve, but he has the mindset of a player who builds only forward, without focusing too much on the dangers posed by the opponent. He tries creative solutions but he doesn't always have the technique to pull them off (e.g. crossing, ball control).

I believe he could become a very good player, but he needs the right coach and the right context/team. If he stays, I hope we can find a way to use him to his full pontential; if you guys buy him, I hope we find a suitable substitute because we are lacking players in the fullback position.

And it's only reported in some of the gutter Italian press - DiMarzio hasn't touched it.

As a general rule, Di Marzio is not always the most reliable source for early transfer updates. Sky Sport only catches up on transfer news when they're quite consolidated and already shared by other journos, and in the meantime they speculate.

Hi guys, Juve supporter here.
I'm not exactly up to date with the latest rumors regarding Cancelo, what with us anxiously waiting for a new coach and all that; what I can say is that he's not the most reliable or consistent of players. He has his moments of brilliance building up play from the back and running forward but he lacks experience in purely defensive terms, and maybe that was even more noticeable with us because of our habit of having a reliable defence. He had a good start of the season and then an injury kept him out until the end of 2018. When he came back his performances were full of holes (I still remember with horror his many mistakes in the second leg against Ajax), with the occasional spark of creativity.

He's still a relatively young player so he can still mature and improve, but he has the mindset of a player who builds only forward, without focusing too much on the dangers posed by the opponent. He tries creative solutions but he doesn't always have the technique to pull them off (e.g. crossing, ball control).

I believe he could become a very good player, but he needs the right coach and the right context/team. If he stays, I hope we can find a way to use him to his full pontential; if you guys buy him, I hope we find a suitable substitute because we are lacking players in the fullback position.

As a general rule, Di Marzio is not always the most reliable source for early transfer updates. Sky Sport only catches up on transfer news when they're quite consolidated and already shared by other journos, and in the meantime they speculate.

Of course, but when it seems to only be Tuttosport it's suspect - when DiMarzio hasn't mentioned it at all (whether first or not), it's even more suspect

Juventus looking to sell Cancelo and bringing in Trippier. Can’t see us being in for him unless Danilo leaves, as Inter have cooled their links to him.

City being mentioned in FI report of possible £53m bid.

Manchester City are reportedly preparing a £53m/€56m) bid for Juventus right-back Joao Cancelo.

According to The Sun, which is running the story as an exclusive, City have pinpointed Cancelo to provide competition for Kyle Walker.

The newspaper explains he would replace Danilo, who could be Inter-bound as he wants regular first-team football.

The 25-year-old only joined Juve from Valencia last summer in a €40m deal, having spent the 2017-18 campaign on loan at Inter.

He played 34 times last season but made several high-profile mistakes and was dropped at times by Max Allegri.

It is also claimed prospective new boss Maurizio Sarri wants a right-back with better defensive capabilities.

I'm 100% all on board for us just recreating the team Benfica should have had it if didn't constantly sell all it's academy players

City being mentioned in FI report of possible £53m bid.

Manchester City are reportedly preparing a £53m/€56m) bid for Juventus right-back Joao Cancelo.

According to The Sun, which is running the story as an exclusive, City have pinpointed Cancelo to provide competition for Kyle Walker.

The newspaper explains he would replace Danilo, who could be Inter-bound as he wants regular first-team football.

The 25-year-old only joined Juve from Valencia last summer in a €40m deal, having spent the 2017-18 campaign on loan at Inter.

He played 34 times last season but made several high-profile mistakes and was dropped at times by Max Allegri.

It is also claimed prospective new boss Maurizio Sarri wants a right-back with better defensive capabilities.

So this story says he’s not that good, Sarri wants an upgrade so City will pay a premium for what essentially is a cast off. Does that would like the kind of deal Khaldoon would do? I’ll say no more. But I don’t expect to see this guy in a City shirt anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.