Joao Cancelo

Status
Not open for further replies.
The idea of Walker at CB is a bit crazy to me, he is our defender with the most lapses in decision making. Why would anyone want to put him where those lapses could be most fatal blows my mind.

Pep will help him to improve his decision making.

I doubt we'd play much with a back 3 but if we do, I guess that might work. But I'd rather play Dihno there. As a lot of our posseseion will be in the hands of the flanking CBs.
We basically have been playing a back 3 all season.

I assume he’s alluding to Zinchenko getting forward and Walker sitting a bit deeper.

Basically this.

When going forward we almost universally set up in a 3-2-4-1,

When we defend we set up as a 4-1-4-1 or 4-5-1 formation.
The defense formation can be mirrored by having Rodri or Dinho dropping deep by making it a back 4, or having Zinchenko as a default LCM and going back out wide left.
Or we defend in a 5-4-1, the defending formation doesn't matter too much imo because we don't do it often lol.

Basically this.

When going forward we almost universally set up in a 3-2-4-1,

When we defend we set up as a 4-1-4-1 or 4-5-1 formation.
The defense formation can be mirrored by having Rodri or Dinho dropping deep by making it a back 4, or having Zinchenko as a default LCM and going back out wide left.
Or we defend in a 5-4-1, the defending formation doesn't matter too much imo because we don't do it often lol.
That's not a back three. The Fullbacks interchange on who gets forward or rotate Into the middle.

That in no way is a back three. Even from heat maps, Walker is often no more defensive or centralized than Zinchencko. He just isn't as good at possession football and thus doesn't contribute as many touches.

That's not a back three. The Fullbacks interchange on who gets forward or rotate Into the middle.

That in no way is a back three. Even from heat maps, Walker is often no more defensive or centralized than Zinchencko. He just isn't as good at possession football and thus doesn't contribute as many touches.
I thought this was quite clear from this season that we played this way. We definitely go 3-2-4-1 in the possession phase, Zinchenko DEFINITELY plays more central than Walker, with Walker trying to help stop counters more, yes he goes midfield, but not to really offer any threat or clever link up play, he does the same out wide, he does the wide bits as well, but again offers nothing compared to Zinchenko, so we have Zinchenko doing it more often.

In the defensive phase its a different conversation, yes Zinchenko goes LB and Walker RB, but this can easily happen with a back 3 as well with the DM dropping center, to allow Zinchenko in a more default midfield role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.