Joao Cancelo

Status
Not open for further replies.
There seems to be confusion what your'e taking about. 3 recognized Cb's (Laporte, Ota and Stones) or 3 at the back. If you are thinking 5 defenders with Mendy, Laporte, Ota, Stones and Cancelo then it may not happen as often, but I think it's still a possibility. We haven't played this formation much I think because of Mendy's absence. He's a flying wingback who can put in good crosses and cause overload problems for the opposition. Zinch and Delph aren't as good as wingbacks. Also Walker on the other side isn't a wingback. Cancelo is good at attacking and he's not the best defender so it's still more of an attacking line up where the 3 CB's, Dinho and either fullback would be the 5 to defend while the other 5 attack. We still could play this if Pep wants 2 strikers in the box. I wouldn't rule anything out.

We will never play 5 defenders under Pep unless an injury crisis happens or defending high balls in the last 5 minutes against certain teams.

We have Rodri (hopefully) and Fernandinho who can screen the forward from in front and Laporte and the other CB to mop up the balls that the DM nods back or forward flicks on.

We will never play 5 defenders under Pep unless an injury crisis happens or defending high balls in the last 5 minutes against certain teams.

We have Rodri (hopefully) and Fernandinho who can screen the forward from in front and Laporte and the other CB to mop up the balls that the DM nods back or forward flicks on.

It's not really playing 5 defenders though as Cancelo and Angelino (for example) are much more attacking and not really defensive. If we played a 4 with those 2 at FB, we would have a lot more defensive problems.

It's not really playing 5 defenders though as Cancelo and Angelino (for example) are much more attacking and not really defensive. If we played a 4 with those 2 at FB, we would have a lot more defensive problems.
But by playing with 5 at the back you have to drop someone from midfield or wingers, who will you drop?
where Sane and Sterling will play?

But by playing with 5 at the back you have to drop someone from midfield or wingers, who will you drop?
where Sane and Sterling will play?

We wouldn't be playing 5 at the back, it would be 3.

We don't know if Sane will stay and he there were plenty of games he didn't start last season anyway. Sterling could be used as a forward.

It probably won't be every game but I could see the we would play 3 at the back on occasions.

We wouldn't be playing 5 at the back, it would be 3.

We don't know if Sane will stay and he there were plenty of games he didn't start last season anyway. Sterling could be used as a forward.

It probably won't be every game but I could see the we would play 3 at the back on occasions.

By playing 5 defenders, you limit the number of forward thinking players to 5.

Having 4 defenders mean 6 attacking, with the 6th one being the pivot in midfield.

If they'd aren't playing as defenders, play better suited players :-)

They are suited to attacking from wide areas. So in effect we'd spend most of the time playing with 3 defenders with the 2 wing backs pretty much playing as wingers.

We'll see if it happens anyway. I can't see us playing Angelino and Cancelo (if we sign them) as full backs in a 4 though against any decent opposition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.