Joao Cancelo

Kolarov certainly had a few great FK’s and one I liked.

Although Pep playing him @ CB is not something I miss

Yeah Bernardo has a 50 mil release clause.. we can just say we want 50 mil in 1 go, not a Ferran Torres payment plan.

A Spanish source indicates that Barca do not consider Bernie as a priority. Nor is Cancelo a priority, meaning they either want another loan or return to City.

A Spanish source indicates that Barca do not consider Bernie as a priority. Nor is Cancelo a priority, meaning they either want another loan or return to City.
It came as little surprise to me that Xavi reversed his decision to leave Barça. Knowing their days of mega money signings were over, he tried to rebuild the whole playing side of the club from the ground upward. This meant starting with La Maisa.

Following Pep's lead, Xavi looked inward to reestablish the philosophy of Cryuff from La Maisa to the first team, but the issue he faced was fans unrealistic expectations for instant success & a return to the halcyon days of Guardiola. When this wasn't achieved, the pressure from the fans & the press became too much to bear & he signalled his intention to leave this summer.

Because of this, the pressure on the club & squad was released as minds became concentrated on who & what next? Xavi started relying on the clutch of promising youth he had coming through, & suddenly things started to click after a woeful start to the campaign.

As things got better & better & Barça began climbing the table & reached the quarter finals of the CL, where a sending off turned a game they were winning & expected to win, into a bitter defeat. Everyone around Xavi was proud of his progress this season, but more because of the La Maisa bred young players who're steadily becoming the spine of his first team.

Now he's decided to stay & Barça have seen a better long-term way, it casts a shadow on the expensive ageing stars they have, including the ones they were previously targeting.

Lewandowski is a shadow of the clinical marksman he was at Bayern. Cancelo's shown what an erratic basket case he is at the highest level. They also have Romeu, Martinez, Alonso, Roberto & Gundog underpinning their younger players. This issue is they're all 30+

This is why I reckon the Barça's fans & board are willing to show patience, because they can see long-term progress as a way to success, rather than pulling levers to buy ageing Superstars as a way of returning to the top of European football.

This is where Cancelo etc come in. Is he worth what we're asking, or are Barça better off looking within & investing the money we want for Joao elsewhere on a younger prospect? Bernardo's a special case, but how much will it cost them in transfers & wages to get him?

I just get a feeling that reality has finally hit Barça & they realise that steady progress back to the top is required instead of blowing everyone out of the water with blockbuster fees & wages.

It came as little surprise to me that Xavi reversed his decision to leave Barça. Knowing their days of mega money signings were over, he tried to rebuild the whole playing side of the club from the ground upward. This meant starting with La Maisa.

Following Pep's lead, Xavi looked inward to reestablish the philosophy of Cryuff from La Maisa to the first team, but the issue he faced was fans unrealistic expectations for instant success & a return to the halcyon days of Guardiola. When this wasn't achieved, the pressure from the fans & the press became too much to bear & he signalled his intention to leave this summer.

Because of this, the pressure on the club & squad was released as minds became concentrated on who & what next? Xavi started relying on the clutch of promising youth he had coming through, & suddenly things started to click after a woeful start to the campaign.

As things got better & better & Barça began climbing the table & reached the quarter finals of the CL, where a sending off turned a game they were winning & expected to win, into a bitter defeat. Everyone around Xavi was proud of his progress this season, but more because of the La Maisa bred young players who're steadily becoming the spine of his first team.

Now he's decided to stay & Barça have seen a better long-term way, it casts a shadow on the expensive ageing stars they have, including the ones they were previously targeting.

Lewandowski is a shadow of the clinical marksman he was at Bayern. Cancelo's shown what an erratic basket case he is at the highest level. They also have Romeu, Martinez, Alonso, Roberto & Gundog underpinning their younger players. This issue is they're all 30+

This is why I reckon the Barça's fans & board are willing to show patience, because they can see long-term progress as a way to success, rather than pulling levers to buy ageing Superstars as a way of returning to the top of European football.

This is where Cancelo etc come in. Is he worth what we're asking, or are Barça better off looking within & investing the money we want for Joao elsewhere on a younger prospect? Bernardo's a special case, but how much will it cost them in transfers & wages to get him?

I just get a feeling that reality has finally hit Barça & they realise that steady progress back to the top is required instead of blowing everyone out of the water with blockbuster fees & wages.

All very sensible if true.

Honestly prefer that approach to be honest. Would love to see us do something similar within the next 2 seasons, a starting lineup with 4 or 5 players promoted from the academy.

I don't think too many are ready to be promoted from the academy for next season, maybe the season after. This is not the best group of EDS players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.