Joao Neves

A release clause in his latest contract changes the landscape ahead of the summer and it is still to be seen whether those numbers are attainable for interested parties – one likely to be former club Benfica, where Silva hopes to finish his career.

hmm? looks like Otamendi+Cash = Ruben Dias deal?
he's only 29 (30 in august), surely got another 2-3 years left at a high level before he goes back to retire in the Portuguese league.

he's only 29 (30 in august), surely got another 2-3 years left at a high level before he goes back to retire in the Portuguese league.
He's won it all at the highest level in the game apart from the World Cup. If Bernie returned to Benfica now, he'd be a meaningful upgrade for them, as opposed to going back in three years time as a waning former star on a farewell tour before retirement.

In this respect, if we were to lose him this summer, I think Benfica would be more than willing to accept a returning Bernardo Silva at his peak, with a few Euros on top for Joao Neves. I could swallow that.

What would absolutely kill me is to see him playing for a major CL rival in another country, with the prospect of us facing him at some point.

Best case scenario? Silva has a change of heart & stays, & we buy Neves outright, or throw in Cancelo as a makeweight.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.