Jobs

i need a part time job but can't find anything, i go college but need something to do while i'm not in to earn a bit of money

If anyones got kids worth speaking to the school about becoming a Teaching Assistant thats the route after 5 months out of work I am going down head teacher has been brilliant with help and advice just doing the NVQS you can get a decent salary eventually and the hours and holidays are great for family life. Apparently they are crying out for male TA's at Primary Level.

The reason I have decided to do this was out of boredom I asked did they need any help got asked to go in one morning a week to listen to the kids read just doing that has helped 4 kids move up levels and that really got me my help had made the kids progress. Ok might not be the greatest paid job but the job satisfaction is there and as I said earning the NVQ's you can be on a good salary after a few years

billy_big_spuds said:
BS said:
If they were that good you wouldn´t have jobs going.Always callcentre jobs going because they are shite.
As I said, tell that to the kids earning more than they'd ever dreamt of earning at their age.
People can have their opinion on telesales, but people don't realise that everybody can't be a brain surgeon. Not everybody has been to university. not everyone has a 120+ IQ. Some people have to do jobs that don't require a degree, and if they can earn a good living doing it then what is up with that? That is what telesales CAN provide. money. and if you're willing to work your arse off for it, then it will be good money.
Fucks me off when people give it the holier than thou attitude when it comes to telesales. Its not a bad job.

My lad works in sales. He is brilliant at it.

PM me as he is working for a right load of gits at the minute.

I did tele sales, i have to say i didnt like it at all. I had to make 30 calls an hour but i averaged about 60+ it was hard work even though calling people isn't its the repeating the same thing again and again. Got a lot of no answers and had to do soo many call backs.
Was funny when you got an angry person from the beginning when it was obvious you couldn't give anything away to them let alone sell. I mean who doesn't want a free voucher that gets you money of something your already sell? But anyway they got called a lot as everyone just set them to callback.

The money was good £8.50 per hour full timers got £10.Lucky for me i was calling business that were actually interested in what i was trying to give away which helped.

Its not something i'd personally want to make a career out of but it was a good laugh and the managers job was pretty easy and also it was quick for moving up in the company. Personally i wouldn't knock it until you've tried it and for an in between jobs kinda thing its perfect as they normally have a high turnover of staff. Well the place i worked at did.

I do inbound call centre work for a large multinational company, second level technical support. It is ok, i support a range of products and every call is different so the variation is good. They have just paid for me to do an MCSE (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer) that cost around £1800 which is a bonus. The targets are very relaxed (call length, wrap up time) and never get pulled up on it.

I could never do outbound, target driven call centre work. You have to have a strong backbone and some areas of the industry border on the immoral. For example, i couldn't sell a person something that i know isn't beneficial to them or could get them into problems later on. But that is just my personality, others think of the £ and sod the rest.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.