Jobsworth stewards..

madmank said:
Halfpenny said:
TROUSERS said:
At Hamburg game I laughed at the food counter when a gorilla stepped up to the supervisor and moaned "have you got any brown sauce?" The super started to point to the left towards next food place to which the gorilla shouted "I'm not fugging goin all the way down there just for fuggin brown sauce. Why can't you get any?"
The super , to his credit and I have to say total balls just stood staring him out at which point the gorilla stormed off round the corner. The super then said "I'm not being spoken to like that, I'll have him chucked out"
Total respect, treat as you find I say; a bit of politeness can go a long way!

I suspect the stewards behind the turnstiles have some sort of light system that flags up if a cards is concessionary?? Anybody know?
Orange light on the card reader and inside if it's a concessionary.

its not about the light going off its the fact that it is all controled by computer so the bosses in the office know

The bosses in the office know what ? They know that a card has been used but they dont know who by, so not sure what your point is. Its not as if they have cameras pointing at every turnstile checking to see if you look like an OAP or not....

If you intentionally buy a concession to use for an Adult then you deserve to get caught, but if its just a one off on someones elses Season Ticket then I dont see the problem personally. I've used a junior ticket before now when a friends son couldnt go, but I usually buy myself an adult ticket. It would have gone to waste otherwise.
Ive even once went to the Ticket Office to try and upgrade one once and was told by the guy that it didnt matter. Im sure this isnt policy, but at least some people can be reasonable or turn a blind eye once in a while.

Corky said:
PistonBlue said:
Tickets are not transferable, so the steward as well as being a bit of a nob, is dead right.

Tickets are transferable, the club lets you have regrades and even sanctions a ticket transfer scheme.

However if stewards let you get in on the wrong category of ticket then everyone gets in for a fiver on kids tickets so it has to be stopped.

On the back of my season card it says "This card is not transferable".

I take this to mean that this card is not transferable, though I could be wrong.

PistonBlue said:
Corky said:
PistonBlue said:
Tickets are not transferable, so the steward as well as being a bit of a nob, is dead right.

Tickets are transferable, the club lets you have regrades and even sanctions a ticket transfer scheme.

However if stewards let you get in on the wrong category of ticket then everyone gets in for a fiver on kids tickets so it has to be stopped.

I take this to mean that this card is not transferable, though I could be wrong.

Yes you are wrong. The club has a policy allowing you to transfer if you pay them the difference. That would mean the writing on your card isn't entirely true.

Corky said:
PistonBlue said:
Corky said:
PistonBlue said:

Yes you are wrong. The club has a policy allowing you to transfer if you pay them the difference. That would mean the writing on your card isn't entirely true.

What's this policy then. I'm actually intrigued now, because it clearly states that the card is not transferable, so either the Club are lying or there's some kind of wording issue or something (definition of 'transfer' for example)?

Im under 16 and have an under 16 ticket yet the stewards on the gate still check the lights. wtf, surely if they think I look older they should challenge me?

Kids tickets can be used by adults once a season (it was twice).

For the matches that are £22.50 you pay the £17.50 (as kids tickets are pro-rata £5) and you get in.

However for evening games you have unlimited transfers from child to adult.

Most tend to transfer for derby matches which is tight on the kids.

Same for OAP tickets it seems if they wanted £15 extra, and they did let him in.

The non-transferable bit goes back to people selling vouches from tickets outside the kippax (when standing) for £1 or 2 less than the gate price taking trade from the club. Not letting a realtive or friend go on a ticket that can't be used, otherwise upgrades would not be allowed.

PistonBlue said:
What's this policy then. I'm actually intrigued now, because it clearly states that the card is not transferable, so either the Club are lying or there's some kind of wording issue or something (definition of 'transfer' for example)?

Well, for example, my season card is on one of the corners of the pitch. I had a friend staying with me last week and bought him a ticket for the Fulham game in the East Stand. To sit with him, I had my season card seat transferred to the seat next to him and paid the difference in price for that category game.

If that makes sense...

BlueMooney said:
PistonBlue said:

Well, for example, my season card is on one of the corners of the pitch. I had a friend staying with me last week and bought him a ticket for the Fulham game in the East Stand. To sit with him, I had my season card seat transferred to the seat next to him and paid the difference in price for that category game.

If that makes sense...

Right, get you.

But when they say 'not transferable' on the back of the card, I think they mean you can't give your seat to your mate or something. Say you can't get to the match because your on holiday, you can't just give your ticket to a bloke out the pub.

Everybody does, but officially you're not supposed to. That's how I understand it anyway, and like I say the steward is being a nob about it but technically is correct.

BlueMooney said:
PistonBlue said:

If that makes sense...
I did that against Stoke and Fulham, took the missus with me so transferred my seat and sat with her. To be honest it's quite nice to see what the atmosphere/view is like in different parts of the stadium for a change.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.