Joe Hart (continued)

Re the arrogance, just the impression I have. I'm not outright declaring it as fact, but it's what I think.

Fits in with my general theory on his regression.

When I met him he definitely was NOT arrogant, ok it could have been an act but I am fairly good at reading a person, he came across as a young guy who was rather shy, was willing to work hard and to be fair knew that he was lucky. I liked him and think that he will come back even better than before.

Eccles Blue said:
When I met him he definitely was NOT arrogant, ok it could have been an act but I am fairly good at reading a person, he came across as a young guy who was rather shy, was willing to work hard and to be fair knew that he was lucky. I liked him and think that he will come back even better than before.
I hope so too. He had a good year at Brum and two good years with us, but this past twelve months has seen his game regress and I don't know why. Something has happened behind the scenes, and although Mancini was blamed for this, there was more damning condemnation and a hatchet job from Keane. If he gets his head sorted and if he gets his thick skin back, he'll get over this.

Kippaxstreetheadache said:
Re the arrogance, just the impression I have. I'm not outright declaring it as fact, but it's what I think.

Gotta admit I'm with you. Some comments he's made, gurns at the camera, chats with the opposition.

He always seems casual and over confident imo.

And what about your assertion that he is not very bright, any evidence for that?

How are you defining very bright?

BLUEMATT23 said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
BLUEMATT23 said:
Believe nothing of the Daily Mirror fairy tales.
MP is resting Hart because rightly so needed a break. He is one of the best goalkeepers in the word and he will be back I think by Christmas time.
Word.

Sorry!
He didn't rest him ,he DROPPED him because he's been shit for ages and at fault for many goals conceded !

Ray clements on life's a pitch last night only had nice things to say about him.He has known him for years and say's he is a strong character and is NOT arrogant.He say's he backs him to come good and get his place back and keep it
Also said he would not leave city and give up c/l games for stoke

OB1 said:

And what about your assertion that he is not very bright, any evidence for that?

I doubt if Joe is 'not very bright' in the academic sense. He was chosen as Head Boy at Meole Brace School in Shrewsbury and they don't usually pick thickos for that. But he's been drawn into the showbiz world- the ad and the fashion shows- where image is everything. He went rapidly from being ' england's number one' to being tweeted by Rooney as '' the best goalkeeper in the world''. It's doubtful if Rooney compared and contrasted him with Buffon, Casillas and Neuer in terms of commanding his area, distribution , decision-making etc-not merely shot-stopping. If he has learned a lesson by his stamford bridge comeuppance, he might yet mature into a fine all-round keeper.

grahamgor said:
OB1 said:

I doubt if Joe is 'not very bright' in the academic sense. He was chosen as Head Boy at Meole Brace School in Shrewsbury and they don't usually pick thickos for that. But he's been drawn into the showbiz world- the ad and the fashion shows- where image is everything. He went rapidly from being ' england's number one' to being tweeted by Rooney as '' the best goalkeeper in the world''. It's doubtful if Rooney compared and contrasted him with Buffon, Casillas and Neuer in terms of commanding his area, distribution , decision-making etc-not merely shot-stopping. If he has learned a lesson by his stamford bridge comeuppance, he might yet mature into a fine all-round keeper.

wouldn't say it was evidence though, I remember the footballing lads at school getting plenty of preferential treatment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.