Joe Hart (continued)

i kne albert davy said:
Len Rum said:
Davs 19 said:
A world class performance that kept us in the game until the death and still people find fault.

If Neuer had turned in that performance the anti Hart lobby on here would have been jizzing over it.

I despair, I really do.
How can a 'world class performance' include making three errors that could have led directly to the opposition scoring?
( I'm talking about the two missed crosses and the ball that bounced off him).
The Ball that bounced off him was a fairly well struck shot and 1 the Munich player was offside and 2 Joe saved his effort how many goalkeepers haven't mis judged a cross, all in all very good performance from him. to be honest last night he be last one i'd be slagging off for their performance,

Bang on the money.

Sadly, some won't let what they see as the inconvenient truth get in the way of a good witch hunt.

Davs 19 said:
Len Rum said:
Lovebitesandeveryfing said:
What's becoming more and more obvious is that Joe's a keeper who need to be busy, who thrives under pressure. There were in fact a couple of mistakes in there (misjudging coming out for that cross and missing it completely, for one) but there were unquestionably four or five world class saves. When he's completely protected by the back four and only has one save to make in the game he has difficulty keeping at top level of concentration (see Stoke, for example). And that of course is the hallmark of a great keeper (as opposed to a merely good one, which Joe definitely is) — staying 100% alert even when you don't have anything to do for 98% of the game.
That's certainly true as regards shot stopping, but the worrying thing is that he's weak in dealing with crosses irrespective of whether he's busy or not and prone to errors when busy or not - the shot that came off his chest last night and the the the one that bounced off him vs Italy in the World Cup being an example.

A world class performance that kept us in the game until the death and still people find fault.

If Neuer had turned in that performance the anti Hart lobby on here would have been jizzing over it.

I despair, I really do.
Limpet Len just won't let go, Davs.

i kne albert davy said:
Len Rum said:
Davs 19 said:

I despair, I really do.
How can a 'world class performance' include making three errors that could have led directly to the opposition scoring?
The Ball that bounced off him was a fairly well struck shot and 1 the Munich player was offside and 2 Joe saved his effort how many goalkeepers haven't mis judged a cross, all in all very good performance from him. to be honest last night he be last one i'd be slagging off for their performance,
'How many goalkeepers haven't misjudged a cross'?
England vs ? (Last friendly before World Cup) - 'lost ' a cross from a corner ,went beyond him.
City vs Liverpool, 1st half - see above.
England vs Switzerland - see above.
Bayern vs City -twice, see above ( one of the crosses was from from open play)
See a pattern? It's more than 'haven't misjudged one cross'.
Add to that a weak punch from a cross in the Newcastle game that should have been an easy take , leading to a dangerous situation in the box.

Incredible game from Joe.

I've not read this thread but my opinion is that one game doesn't make you world class and equally, one game doesn't make you shit.

Over the course of the last two seasons Joe hasn't been world class. He owes us a lot more performances like last night to ensure he stays as our number one though.

As long as he keeps up performances like that, I'm delighted. If he slips back to letting near post goals in for fun I will be happy to see him dropped. Whatever benefits the team.

Excellent performance by Joe last night, could hardly be blamed for the goal.

Still suspect at the near post, but he is getting much better. Will learn from experience, he is still young in goalkeeping terms.

Len Rum said:
i kne albert davy said:
Len Rum said:
'How many goalkeepers haven't misjudged a cross'?
England vs ? (Last friendly before World Cup) - 'lost ' a cross from a corner ,went beyond him.
City vs Liverpool, 1st half - see above.
England vs Switzerland - see above.
Bayern vs City -twice, see above ( one of the crosses was from from open play)
See a pattern? It's more than 'haven't misjudged one cross'.
Add to that a weak punch from a cross in the Newcastle game that should have been an easy take , leading to a dangerous situation in the box.
Spend some time studying any top goalkeeper and you'll be able to pick similar instances out.I'm not saying he's the best keeper in the World but last night he had a very good game give credit where its due.

Gaylord du Bois said:
Davs 19 said:
Len Rum said:
That's certainly true as regards shot stopping, but the worrying thing is that he's weak in dealing with crosses irrespective of whether he's busy or not and prone to errors when busy or not - the shot that came off his chest last night and the the the one that bounced off him vs Italy in the World Cup being an example.

I despair, I really do.
Limpet Len just won't let go, Davs.
As Joe Friday said "All we want are the facts" Gaylord.

Len Rum said:
sir baconface said:
RandomJ said:
even after he produced quite possibly his best goalkeeping performance since the Dortmund game he's still slagging him off.

A bit ironic for someone to spend half their forum time criticising City players and the other half moaning about anyone who doesn't blow smoke up City's arse.
Not noticed you on the forum before, but thanks for being interested in and analysing my previous posts.

Not the least bit interested. You flatter yourself.

I noticed you on the agenda thread only because of your constant repetition. And then on this one thanks to the idiotic critique of Hart's performance. No Sherlock Holmes analysis required.

sir baconface said:
Len Rum said:
sir baconface said:
A bit ironic for someone to spend half their forum time criticising City players and the other half moaning about anyone who doesn't blow smoke up City's arse.
Not noticed you on the forum before, but thanks for being interested in and analysing my previous posts.

Not the least bit interested. You flatter yourself.

I noticed you on the agenda thread only because of your constant repetition. And then on this one thanks to the idiotic critique of Hart's performance. No Sherlock Holmes analysis required.
Only one thing worst than being noticed mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.