Joe Hart (joined Torino on season long loan - Official)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at it another way - we THOUGHT we had a brilliant squad last year - in fact for the last 4 or 5 years we've thought it's been very good. It WAS good enough to scrape two league titles and that's impressive, but we've hardly dominated, and we've certainly had our arses handed to us in Europe a few times.
We've had our moments when we've looked amazing, but we've not done it consistently. The reality is that despite all the money we've spent, we're just 'very good' but not world beaters.
We don't have the best players in the world either - we have some the 'best of the rest'.
Many fans love Joe, and there's no harm in that. Many love Zab, or Silva or Kompany etc but if we are serious about being one of the very best sides in Europe (if not THE best) then Joe's probably not good enough, and it seems Pep is more certain of that than I am. Zab probably isn't good enough either. Silva might be, Vinny might be if fit. But those are my opinions. Pep might even think Silva's silky skills are great, but can't work for 90 mins at the level he wants.
For all we know, he might think Aguero's a fantastic finisher but we rely on him too much and wants to replace him with a front two. It's not necessarily about any individual's skill, but of the rest players for the right job. Real Madrid's Galacticos experiment proved not to be as amazing as they'd hoped - yet it was laden with skilled players.

Pep COULD be wrong. Pep MIGHT turn out to be a disaster in the PL, we MIGHT end up worse than when he arrived, but he's the guy we've brought in to call the shots. He's widely accepted as one of the best, and we have little option but to trust him.
And what if he's right? what then. We'll look back on Joe like we do with Tevez or Bellamy and say 'they played their part' - which Joe did.

One of our legends - Shaun Goater - he's remembered for what he did for us, but we'll all agree, he'd be lucky to be driving the team bus nowadays. That's just how football is, and at the very top it's tougher than ever. Every club that's ever been successful has ditched some huge favourites, even at their peak. Toshack / Keegan / Van Nistelrooy / Ronaldinho / Maradona. Joe's not even close to those guys.

We can't keep saying 'he's done this for us in the past' - we have to ask 'what do we think he can do for us in the future' and it seems Pep's already asked that question and come back with 'not enough'.

I do agree with what your saying, im more annoyed at some of our fans and how they have treated Joe, He may not be good enough and it looks like we will never now know, i just feel some fans expectations that now we have pep we will be the best and every choise he makes will come off, we need to rain them in a bit, i wish Joe all the best.

One last thing i will say is i wish the club had sorted this at the start of preseason, every year there seems to be a bit of a cloud over the club especially when everyone should be excited for whats hopefully to come over the next few years and we finally lose the typical city tag

Look at it another way - we THOUGHT we had a brilliant squad last year - in fact for the last 4 or 5 years we've thought it's been very good. It WAS good enough to scrape two league titles and that's impressive, but we've hardly dominated, and we've certainly had our arses handed to us in Europe a few times.
We've had our moments when we've looked amazing, but we've not done it consistently. The reality is that despite all the money we've spent, we're just 'very good' but not world beaters.
We don't have the best players in the world either - we have some the 'best of the rest'.
Many fans love Joe, and there's no harm in that. Many love Zab, or Silva or Kompany etc but if we are serious about being one of the very best sides in Europe (if not THE best) then Joe's probably not good enough, and it seems Pep is more certain of that than I am. Zab probably isn't good enough either. Silva might be, Vinny might be if fit. But those are my opinions. Pep might even think Silva's silky skills are great, but can't work for 90 mins at the level he wants.
For all we know, he might think Aguero's a fantastic finisher but we rely on him too much and wants to replace him with a front two. It's not necessarily about any individual's skill, but of the rest players for the right job. Real Madrid's Galacticos experiment proved not to be as amazing as they'd hoped - yet it was laden with skilled players.

Pep COULD be wrong. Pep MIGHT turn out to be a disaster in the PL, we MIGHT end up worse than when he arrived, but he's the guy we've brought in to call the shots. He's widely accepted as one of the best, and we have little option but to trust him.
And what if he's right? what then. We'll look back on Joe like we do with Tevez or Bellamy and say 'they played their part' - which Joe did.

One of our legends - Shaun Goater - he's remembered for what he did for us, but we'll all agree, he'd be lucky to be driving the team bus nowadays. That's just how football is, and at the very top it's tougher than ever. Every club that's ever been successful has ditched some huge favourites, even at their peak. Toshack / Keegan / Van Nistelrooy / Ronaldinho / Maradona. Joe's not even close to those guys.

We can't keep saying 'he's done this for us in the past' - we have to ask 'what do we think he can do for us in the future' and it seems Pep's already asked that question and come back with 'not enough'.
Yep - sometimes you just have to concede that that nail has been smacked by a sledgehammer.
Only flat Earth theorists could argue against that post.

Excellent post. Worth reading twice, and there aren't many of those on here.

Joe's a very good keeper, and he's been playing in an at times very good team. If the aim is now to step up from that to become one of the two or three best teams in Europe — and that clearly is the aim, because otherwise why do you hire the best manager in the world on a multi-million pound contract? — then you let him call the shots.
There's some on here who sound as they would gladly ditch Guardiola if they could get to keep Hart.

Gunn and Grimshaw will be ready and are both good with their feet. We cannot forget that buying a young keeper at this stage is potentially a block to the talent coming through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.