Joe Hart (joined Torino on season long loan - Official)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep and I fully back Pep. But people saying Joe should be a good boy and just go where we tell him to go are not living in the real world. If players went where we told them to go then right now Bony and Yaya would be playing in China as we received big bids for them. But guess what? Yaya and Bony didn't want to go to China and are still here. Players hold all the cards in transfers and Joe will go where he wants, how he wants not where we tell him.

Agreed. Can't just force players (and their families) to go where we want them to anymore. But we can set a price I suppose.

Fans need to stop thinking that professional footballers feel the same we do about the club.
I have no doubt some have fantastic feelings for City, because they've made many great memories with us, but it's not the same crazy and blind and yes often stupid sort of love that we have.

So he's been with us 10 years. It's a long time by many footballers standards, it's sod all by fan standards.
If we we were relegated, and Liverpool came in for Joe, have absolutely no illusions that he'd stay with us - he'd be off in a shot. You and I wouldn't though, we truly are too emotionally attached. These lads aren't.

If anybody's been made redundant from a long standing job - it can really hurt, you do get 'attached' even to a damn workplace, but it's not love, it's not lifetime bonding love like we have as fans.

There is no 'deserve' - not really. Players sell their services to us, and we buy those services. When the deal no longer suits either one, we part company.

This will sound harsh too - but the club will drop you / us as a fan too without the blink of an eye. Can't quite afford your season ticket? no problem, we'll sell it to someone who can. Your 50 year loyalty counts for nothing. So let's not start with 'he deserves', it's nonsense.

FFS a testimonial, he's been paid handsomely mate, won trophies and that should be enough.

some people really need to let it go.
I think a testimonial is a great idea. Joe deserves it. (Moreover, it's good PR - Joe is a big City fan favorite.)

Anyhow, I'm not some "loyal to Joe no matter what fanboy" - the minute Pep became our manager I knew that Hart was finished at City. Square peg - round hole.

Nonetheless, I do like Hart - I like his loyalty to the club - I like that he got pissed off at times at other players in our squad when Joe believed that they were not giving it their all - and in spite of the recent rumors that Joe is an asshole in real life - he didn't show this (much - "give me the fuckin' ball aside) - in public).

I wish Joe well - and absolutely think that City should thank him for his loyalty to our side.

10 yrs is 10yrs they should all get the same,joe hasn't bad mouthed us or brought bad press on the club,i would much rather you are honest and just say you don't like him

Nothing to do with liking or disliking him, i don't think he's good enough to play the system we are going to play and that's why i think it's best he moves on. Been going on about his distribution as an issue for years now. Also give him time, he's always had a lot to say for himself, both the previous managers have had issues with him and Pep's not about to put up with him.

Where has Joe Hart bad mouthed us? He's been loyal and always had decent things to say.

You might not miss him when he's gone but my 7 year old son and plenty of other kids who have just had Hart 1 on new tops will.

Give him time, as to your son and other kids i'm sorry mate but that's football and happened to me when SWP left, i never had a name put on the back of his shirts until after the transfer window shut after that, Wright-Phillips was expensive!!

A very interesting point that shouldn't be overlooked. What role JH had in this we will never know if any. But he took that place with both hands (excuse the pun). How did he feel take Pants' place in that final after all Pant's had done. Similar situation with ppl calling for Hart to replace Willy. Maybe other on here seem to speculating there's a hidden story somewhere and truth could be revealed or that could be bollocks. There has to be more going on than ability or ability to learn. JH's a pro he could learn it if he really wanted to surely?

Yeah, I don't want to get into what went on prior to that final - because I have absolutely no idea, but it illustrates just how cutting the game can be, and in that instance he was the beneficiary of that. If he moves on, he'll be usurping some keeper at another club. It's just the law of the jungle.

A very interesting point that shouldn't be overlooked. What role JH had in this we will never know if any. But he took that place with both hands (excuse the pun). How did he feel take Pants' place in that final after all Pant's had done. Similar situation with ppl calling for Hart to replace Willy. Maybe other on here seem to speculating there's a hidden story somewhere and truth could be revealed or that could be bollocks. There has to be more going on than ability or ability to learn. JH's a pro he could learn it if he really wanted to surely?

A lot of people have forgotten that Pants was whinging off to the media about not having enough first team football during the week of the cup final. That was the reason for his exclusion. Hart standing in as goalkeeper that day has no relevance to the debate being had now

Fans need to stop thinking that professional footballers feel the same we do about the club.
I have no doubt some have fantastic feelings for City, because they've made many great memories with us, but it's not the same crazy and blind and yes often stupid sort of love that we have.

So he's been with us 10 years. It's a long time by many footballers standards, it's sod all by fan standards.
If we we were relegated, and Liverpool came in for Joe, have absolutely no illusions that he'd stay with us - he'd be off in a shot. You and I wouldn't though, we truly are too emotionally attached. These lads aren't.

If anybody's been made redundant from a long standing job - it can really hurt, you do get 'attached' even to a damn workplace, but it's not love, it's not lifetime bonding love like we have as fans.

There is no 'deserve' - not really. Players sell their services to us, and we buy those services. When the deal no longer suits either one, we part company.

This will sound harsh too - but the club will drop you / us as a fan too without the blink of an eye. Can't quite afford your season ticket? no problem, we'll sell it to someone who can. Your 50 year loyalty counts for nothing. So let's not start with 'he deserves', it's nonsense.

Far too honest an assessment for some on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.