Joe Hart (joined Torino on season long loan - Official)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a new era and we are now moving up another gear. I remember being saddened hearing Dunne was leaving us, but that was the same.
City is the most important thing, not the player. Still sad to see him go as he is a great blue!

I hope he goes to seville,cl and improve his skills,given 2 weeks to uproot your young family is not easy to decide
Seems very unlikely, it's a surprising link at all tbh. Sevilla have never spent more than about £12m on a player, they have Sampaoli as manager who like a team of ball players and they already have an exceptional young keeper in Sergio Rico who's come all the way through their academy. Maybe they do want him, but it seems a really bizarre link to me that doesn't make a whole lot of sense

Seems very unlikely, it's a surprising link at all tbh. Sevilla have never spent more than about £12m on a player, they have Sampaoli as manager who like a team of ball players and they already have an exceptional young keeper in Sergio Rico who's come all the way through their academy. Maybe they do want him, but it seems a really bizarre link to me that doesn't make a whole lot of sense
Doesn't sound likely then,i just hope joe makes a good decision and not a rushed one

A lot of people have forgotten that Pants was whinging off to the media about not having enough first team football during the week of the cup final. That was the reason for his exclusion. Hart standing in as goalkeeper that day has no relevance to the debate being had now

Both aspects of what you said played a part. Joe definitely threw his rattle out of the pram that week.

He was also less than gracious when Pellers benched him for his poor form and really undermined him with his words to the media.

Contrast it with Willy's words after the COC where he was extremely humble and said it had been a "very difficult week" for him and his family. Aside from media and fans, I wondering if pressure was coming from inside the club on that front(and this is coming from a guy who ranted that Joe should have started that game, but am glad he did not).

Unless this supposed 'truth' about JH comes out and he has in fact been acting like a right proper **** then I might change my mind but for now he's still a Blue and deserves respect, done his job and saved or skin on more than one occasion. There's been pause for thought (inc, recent arse friendly) but not heard much else to the contrary.

But the time for change is NOW. Pep's here. It's time to evolve. If we want to better our rivals, conquer the PL, Europe etc then we have to go with these changes. Silva, Kun, Yaya and others gave me the best moments of my life as a Blue after years and years of ridicule and i will weep when watching my season review videos after they leave. I for one am fucking grateful.

Whoever stays or leaves I'm staying on the rollercoaster train (especially now Pep is the driver) to see where it leads until my last breath - got no choice really - born a Blue. Always a Blue.

Yep and I fully back Pep. But people saying Joe should be a good boy and just go where we tell him to go are not living in the real world. If players went where we told them to go then right now Bony and Yaya would be playing in China as we received big bids for them. But guess what? Yaya and Bony didn't want to go to China and are still here. Players hold all the cards in transfers and Joe will go where he wants, how he wants not where we tell him.

A player contract is a two way deal. A player is entirely in their rights to stay with the club, or be fully paid off (depending on the ultimate small print of the contract). But the point is, they agree to the terms of the contract, and they also set many of the terms themselves.

People tend to think of it being all about the club and the club makes the contract and the players signs it - like the player is subservient to the club. They often think the same about people in a normal job, that the employee is subservient to the employer. But that's not the case:

The player is selling his services to the club too and the club is his client. In the end, they both put clauses in the contract that both agree on, and a deal is struck. City can't moan if a player is happy to sit on his arse and pull 200K a week - because they agreed to that deal, likewise, a player can't moan if he doesn't like sitting on his arse, because he agreed to that deal too.

If he is to leave in the next couple of weeks how much should we be looking for? His wages will be top level and this probably means we'll have to reduce the asking price. But I'd be disappointed if we settled for anything less than £18m. His age and good injury record plus obviously his record as a fine goalkeeper of a twice champion team mean we shouldn't be giving him away on the cheap.

I'd rather have him stay and fight for his place than loaned out with an option to buy which always means we end up practically giving players away.

A lot of people have forgotten that Pants was whinging off to the media about not having enough first team football during the week of the cup final. That was the reason for his exclusion. Hart standing in as goalkeeper that day has no relevance to the debate being had now

Fair do's mate. You're right I had forgot. But as Fanchester said it still highlights the nature of footballers needs and managers decisions both of which Mancini, Pants and JH had to live with in the aftermath. Its a tough world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.