Joe Hart + Mancini's Comments

A A

Anonymous

Been rumblings since the season began about Joe's weaknesses. As much as I thought he was absolutely superb in the first half and no-one can argue with his general shot stopping ability, personally I think he should've saved their second equaliser all day long. He's young and will no doubt get better, but it's a shame to see a weakness of his exploited in that manner.

I actually thought midway through the first half, Mourinho's not done his homework properly. Firing shots at Joe from the left hand side isn't really going to trouble him.

I also think Mancini's comments after the game about what Joe said were completely unnecessary. I really don't understand why he feels the need to exert his authority in such a manner when what Joe said was absolutely spot on. Clearly he was as angry with himself as he was with his defenders, and for Mancini to have a go at him was unwarranted and disappointing.

Because maybe the manager feels that it's inappropriate for a kid of a goalkeeper to be criticising his teammates?

Joe had a great game. The last goal was a misreading because he presumed Kompany had it

Benzemas shot was right in the corner, i'd challenge any keeper to save them, Joe was faultless for any of the goals, if anything for their winner i blame Kompany, He stands tall that ball whacks him but for some reason he decides to kind of duck so i doubt Hart seen that ball till very very late. also if it wasn't for Hart it would of been game over after about half hour.

Damocles said:
Because maybe the manager feels that it's inappropriate for a kid of a goalkeeper to be criticising his teammates?

He didn't single anyone out. He said that it was unacceptable to be winning with 5 minutes to go and to end up losing. Hardly controversial. Had his comments been aimed at any player in particular I'd understand. As it stands it just came off as incredibly pompous on Mancini's part to give it the "I criticise the players, not Joe" speech.

What did you make of Madrid's second - Hart's fault ?

End of the day its just another game, now we have to kick on and focus on Arsenal.

Don't think Mancini should be criticising Joe. Thought Joe showed a great attitude and was clearly very hurt and disappointed, not a good time to criticize the lad and no need

Just on Mancinis comments on Hart, he was interviewed say what about 5 minutes after what happen??? Guy was obviously hurting you could tell that a mile off. Thought he gave a good account of himself,imagine if Joe would have told that interviewer where to go.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.