Joe Hart + Mancini's Comments

BillyShears said:
Damocles said:
Because maybe the manager feels that it's inappropriate for a kid of a goalkeeper to be criticising his teammates?

He didn't single anyone out. He said that it was unacceptable to be winning with 5 minutes to go and to end up losing. Hardly controversial. Had his comments been aimed at any player in particular I'd understand. As it stands it just came off as incredibly pompous on Mancini's part to give it the "I criticise the players, not Joe" speech.

What did you make of Madrid's second - Hart's fault ?

Nasti if anyone.

Hart hasn't been right all season. He should have saved the winner. I felt bloody sorry for him though last night after he gave that superb interview. The interviewer said to Mancini "HArt has critisised the players", which is not really what he said, and Mancini took it the wrong way.

He's always going to be like this, a bit of a loose cannon in the media. He opens his mouth without thinking sometimes. It's part of his makeup, he's a hothead.

I've got used to it now, it comes with the territory, and hopefully the players have. I hope he apologised to Hart after he saw the interview.

BillyShears said:
Damocles said:
Because maybe the manager feels that it's inappropriate for a kid of a goalkeeper to be criticising his teammates?

He didn't single anyone out. He said that it was unacceptable to be winning with 5 minutes to go and to end up losing. Hardly controversial. Had his comments been aimed at any player in particular I'd understand. As it stands it just came off as incredibly pompous on Mancini's part to give it the "I criticise the players, not Joe" speech.

I thought the second was a class strike. However, Hart has to be disappointed that he didn't get down quick enough. The speed at which the striker turned and shot didn't give him much time to sort his positioning. Still, he'd save that in training.

BillyShears said:
Been rumblings since the season began about Joe's weaknesses. As much as I thought he was absolutely superb in the first half and no-one can argue with his general shot stopping ability, personally I think he should've saved their second equaliser all day long. He's young and will no doubt get better, but it's a shame to see a weakness of his exploited in that manner.

I actually thought midway through the first half, Mourinho's not done his homework properly. Firing shots at Joe from the left hand side isn't really going to trouble him.

I may be wrong but Joe has appeared a bit shakey for a while. He has been unconvincing, by his standards, for both ourselves and England this season. To be fair, he has probably not been helped by the fact that the defence have played poorly. Although this itself is not helped by the constant reshuffling. I felt Joe struggled at times in last years CL. However, I am confident he will improve as he appears to have the right attitude.

I felt he could have done better with the second goal but I am not sure how much blame could be apportioned to him for the third. Vinny ducking at the last second made it very difficult. Some of his saves earlier in the game were outstanding and he was very quick off his line when needed.

I also think Mancini's comments after the game about what Joe said were completely unnecessary. I really don't understand why he feels the need to exert his authority in such a manner when what Joe said was absolutely spot on. Clearly he was as angry with himself as he was with his defenders, and for Mancini to have a go at him was unwarranted and disappointing.

My understanding is that Mancini was told by the press that Joe Hart criticised the team. That didn’t appear to be the case to me. I do wish that Mancini would think a little more before responding to questions from the press. He should know what journalists are like.

As expected Mark Ogden led with this ‘spat’ in his match report.

The Flash said:
Look at the goals conceded this season and you will notice how often Joe Hart gets beaten when the shot is to his left hand side.

An observation, not a criticism.

I agree, it's been noted before on here in the past as well.

BillyShears said:
Damocles said:

I got the impression the interviewer rather twisted what Joe said to make it sound like he'd criticised the rest of the team but not himself and that was what prompted Mancini's reaction.

Damocles said:

Joe had a great game. The last goal was a misreading because he presumed Kompany had it
Not exactly a kid either. He's less than a year younger than our captain. People are already saying Balotelli can no longer use the young excuse at 22 but Hart's got more than three years on Balotelli.

Mancini is right, you can say we didn't play well but Joe went a little OTT in his comments which should be reserved for the team talk and not in the public domain. Mancini, no doubt, had similar words to say to Hart in the changing room but felt it would serve the team better to be more positive in public which i agree with. It's his job, not Harts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.