Joe Hart + Mancini's Comments

Mancini has a policy of trying not to criticise a poor performance in front of the cameras (unless he's in a major arse). He leaves it for the training pitch and rightly so.

Joe's comments were passionate but go against Mancini's policy of keeping that indoors. The fact that he didn't single anyone out is irrelevant.

Mancini, as harsh as it was on a clearly upset Hart, was right in what he said. It's up to him, not Hart, to make those comments, regardless of if us as fans appreciate a bit of passion from the players.

BillyShears said:
Been rumblings since the season began about Joe's weaknesses. As much as I thought he was absolutely superb in the first half and no-one can argue with his general shot stopping ability, personally I think he should've saved their second equaliser all day long. He's young and will no doubt get better, but it's a shame to see a weakness of his exploited in that manner.

I actually thought midway through the first half, Mourinho's not done his homework properly. Firing shots at Joe from the left hand side isn't really going to trouble him.

I also think Mancini's comments after the game about what Joe said were completely unnecessary. I really don't understand why he feels the need to exert his authority in such a manner when what Joe said was absolutely spot on. Clearly he was as angry with himself as he was with his defenders, and for Mancini to have a go at him was unwarranted and disappointing.

Totally agree about Mancini's comments, they were unneccessary. Don't agree about their second goal, it was just a good finish imo and would have been an excellent save if he had reached it. I think he was probably more at fault for the winner although even that one was difficult as Kompany was blocking his view and the shot dipped horribly at the last moment. There is a difference between a keeper being genuinely at fault and a keeper failing to make an excellent save.

Lancet Fluke said:
BillyShears said:
Been rumblings since the season began about Joe's weaknesses. As much as I thought he was absolutely superb in the first half and no-one can argue with his general shot stopping ability, personally I think he should've saved their second equaliser all day long. He's young and will no doubt get better, but it's a shame to see a weakness of his exploited in that manner.

I actually thought midway through the first half, Mourinho's not done his homework properly. Firing shots at Joe from the left hand side isn't really going to trouble him.

I also think Mancini's comments after the game about what Joe said were completely unnecessary. I really don't understand why he feels the need to exert his authority in such a manner when what Joe said was absolutely spot on. Clearly he was as angry with himself as he was with his defenders, and for Mancini to have a go at him was unwarranted and disappointing.

Totally agree about Mancini's comments, they were unneccessary. Don't agree about their second goal, it was just a good finish imo and would have been an excellent save if he had reached it. I think he was probably more at fault for the winner although even that one was difficult as Kompany was blocking his view and the shot dipped horribly at the last moment. There is a difference between a keeper being genuinely at fault and a keeper failing to make an excellent save.

Or the centre back ducking out of the way?

markbmcfc said:
Mancini has a policy of trying not to criticise a poor performance in front of the cameras (unless he's in a major arse). He leaves it for the training pitch and rightly so.

Joe's comments were passionate but go against Mancini's policy of keeping that indoors. The fact that he didn't single anyone out is irrelevant.

Mancini, as harsh as it was on a clearly upset Hart, was right in what he said. It's up to him, not Hart, to make those comments, regardless of if us as fans appreciate a bit of passion from the players.

The above

The Flash said:
Lancet Fluke said:
BillyShears said:

Or the centre back ducking out of the way?

Indeed :(

It has been a difficult start to the season for Hart without having masses to do, until last night that is , he has conceded a number of goals and although there isn't one of them that you could directly say was an obvious goalkeeping error his decision making and positioning has not been as convincing as last year . For me he seems to be reluctant to come off his line and if he maybe stepped up a yard he would immediately narrow any angles and lessen the the chance of being beaten at full stretch. Benzema was only going to beat him that side given the defensive cover and the way he shaped to hit the ball , step up 1 yard and move to his left slightly and the ball doesn't beat him end of !

The Crouch goal was another case in point given the time it took for him to juggle his way through an admittedly shit defensive line Hart could have been on top of him before he got his shot away coz he put it away from less than 4 yards out .

This again is not a critiscm of a player but a laymans observations and the problem is with goalkeepers they will only ever get judged on mistakes and goals conceded, no point pulling out reflex save after save and then letting one through your legs in the last minute to lose the game (not meaning Madrids goal btw !)

The only defence Joe as was it was straight after the game emotions are raw
Though he should keep his mouth shut.

Mancini is the gaffer no one else,he decides who to criticise.

markbmcfc said:

Nonsense. Hart made reasonable comments in response to questions asked. He responded like a winner, a true professional. Now the way the interviewer put it to Mancini didn't accurately respresent those comments, but Mancini should have taken a deep breath and given a non-commital answer until he found out what had really been said.

He opened his gob without thinking, and not for the first time. Lost his rag.

In the scheme of things it shouldn't matter, especially if he said sorry, but if I were Hart I'd be irritated with those comments. The good news is I'm sure Joe's bright anough to shrug them off.

The Flash said:
Look at the goals conceded this season and you will notice how often Joe Hart gets beaten when the shot is to his left hand side.

An observation, not a criticism.
i was waiting for another joe gets beaten on his left hand side,have a look at youtube,watch the saves he makes on his left hand side.

the problem isnt joes left hand side it is our right hand side,we are being attacked from our right,where we obviously have a weakness defensifly,maybe we need to look further up the pitch,

joe should of covered the final goal wether he thought vinny ws going to get it or not,however he was unsighted and the ball dipped at his feet,very hard to save.

as for the comments,we are open to attack from the press all the time,joe should of said nothing,leave it to the manager to speak, its his job,we dont need an wound up player talking to the press as soon as hes got off the pitch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.