Joe Hart [Merged]

leighton said:
He done well today on the whole but there was a few decisions was a bit of a what the fuck. The goal a deflection if on the move like he was he had no chance of saving. I dont know why he was going for it as it was going wide until the deflection. If he didnt move he would of picked it up.

Good second half with 2 world class saves not much you can say about the second half today.

I am sure Given would have made better decisions and saves, right?

leighton said:
He done well today on the whole but there was a few decisions was a bit of a what the fuck. The goal a deflection if on the move like he was he had no chance of saving. I dont know why he was going for it as it was going wide until the deflection. If he didnt move he would of picked it up.

Good second half with 2 world class saves not much you can say about the second half today.

Never any bias towards Given in your posts Leighton....

:)

mat said:
leighton said:

Mat you know me too well but just a small thing today with him going for the shot that was going wide he had no chance of getting the deflected shot. Im not slating him it will come to him. Were he will know whats the best thing to do or not do.

Best goalie in the Prem by far; easily top 5 in the world, top 3 even (with Neuer and Casilas)

England keeper for the next 15 years provided he keeps up his form, there's no other english keeper who can touch him. Even if a younger keeper appears in the next few years it will be incredibly hard to displace an england regular keeper who is also playing for one of the top teams.

Talk of buying another keeper to challenge Joe is ridiculous, I can't think of any team in the world which has 2 top keepers competing for the number 1 slot. Any keeper who is that good would end up leaving for regular first team football elsewhere because if they are good enough to challenge Joe then they are good enough to be playing regular first team football to challenge for their national team No. 1 jersey.

We need an experienced pro as backup who doesn't mind benchsitting his last 3-5 years and 1 or 2 promising youngsters. Someone like Jaaskelainen, Friedel, Schwarzer, Sorenson etc (I know they are all 1st teamers at the moment).

what i dont get is, a lot of our guys jump on his back when he makes the odd fuckup, but 2day was world class now all of sudden everyone loves him again. ive read numerous posts/thread ppl jumping on joe's back about mistakes, how many world class goalies never made mistakes, its a easy number to remember, cause its bloody zero

hes england no.1 and prolly will be for donkeys, one of best keeps in world, and theres no denying that. so all you doubters get behind him ffs.

leighton said:

For the same reason lescott wasn't at fault, neither was Joe - all about angles Leighton, lescott like souness alluded at half time was wary of dirk Shyte nipping in behind, Joe was simply doing what comes naturally and setting himself for the next phase of play, making the angle as tight as possible, if anything in high sight it impresses me more that he was so sharp to the possible danger because the first instinct was the same as everyone else - wtf you doing

Top class performance from the best keeper in the prem, the scum won title after title because some big Danish Viking was at times unbeatable, joes of the same ilk, and doing it 6/7 years ahead of time!

Why do people pick on Joe for every mistake, every goalkeeper makes mistakes. He's a fantastic keeper, and is still learning his trade. I can't believe anyone would still harp on about Shay, he's gone and doesn't play for us anymore so move on and get behind our keeper. There's no way you can attach any blame to Joe for liverpools goal. He moved originally to cover that side of the goal, because at the point of contact, there is no way he could have known the shot was going wide.

leighton said:
mat said:
leighton said:

Mat you know me too well but just a small thing today with him going for the shot that was going wide he had no chance of getting the deflected shot. Im not slating him it will come to him. Were he will know whats the best thing to do or not do.

every keeper in the world would have moved to his left to cover that shot, its the natural reaction, even if it was going wide

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.