Joe Hart

danburge82 said:
Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
Brilliant keeper and commands his area really well..... Just wish he worked on his distribution a bit better..
He has and it's clear to see.

His throwing is more accurate and he can throw further (at one point he never threw it out!). He has better awareness of the pitch and where players are. His kicking out of hand is getting better, it's infinitely more accurate than it used to be. His kicking from the floor is reaching ten feet further than even this time last year. His left foot is getting better.

There's room for improvement, yes, but it's clear to see he's working on it and it is improving all the time.

No doubt about it I'm not takiing anything away from the lad like jimharri said best keeper in the league.... I wish he would just throw or short pass the ball out quicker to start attacks but he doesn't seem to comfortable with it.. I just think hitting up field is always a 50/50 ball..

He's improved out of sight. But his distribution is poor and sometimes goes in on himself after a mistake.
But I wouldn't say he's best in the world. We're incredibly lucky to have him, he is overhyped because he's a young English keeper, but he deserving of it..mostly anyway.
But given a choice in a dream team I would swap him. Not for many, but there are one or two who are superior. They're not City though. Hart just fits. Blue through and through.

bluecroi said:
He's improved out of sight. But his distribution is poor and sometimes goes in on himself after a mistake.
But I wouldn't say he's best in the world. We're incredibly lucky to have him, he is overhyped because he's a young English keeper, but he deserving of it..mostly anyway.
But given a choice in a dream team I would swap him. Not for many, but there are one or two who are superior. They're not City though. Hart just fits. Blue through and through.
I think he's underhyped because he's a young English keeper. If there was a goalkeeper on the continent doing what he's doing there'd be superlatives rolling out of the tele and radio speakers constantly. What you don't get is every minute of every game they play right in front of you, we do with Hart. I've seen others make mistakes just by watching them from the tele screen - how many do they make in all the other games they play that we don't see? Neur was great against United last season, in the first leg; in the second leg he was distainctly average.

David James is an obsessive on assessing player's games. He sits and watches game after game after game. He watches tapes of people where the camera is just on that one player, he goes to loads of live games to watch players [i don't know why he does this, mayne he's thinking of being a scout or an analyst (like AVB was under Mourinho)] and he says that Hart is better than Casillas.

Wouldn't swap him for any other keeper, even Casillas.

Seems a big character in the dressing room, love his interviews

bluecroi said:

Grudging praise from Irish Macca/Rahart....

One thing I love about Joe is his enthusiasm. Whenever it's a goal kick, free kick or when he catches the ball, he's rushing to restart the match as quickly as possible. Sometimes this means his distribution is a bit rushed but I love the fact that he tries to get us attacking straight away.

danburge82 said:
Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
Brilliant keeper and commands his area really well..... Just wish he worked on his distribution a bit better..
He has and it's clear to see.

His throwing is more accurate and he can throw further (at one point he never threw it out!). He has better awareness of the pitch and where players are. His kicking out of hand is getting better, it's infinitely more accurate than it used to be. His kicking from the floor is reaching ten feet further than even this time last year. His left foot is getting better.

There's room for improvement, yes, but it's clear to see he's working on it and it is improving all the time.

Couldn't agree more. I have been fiercely critical of his distribution in the past but it has improved vastly.

I think we wont know how good he really is until he is not there.

rags took schmeicel for granted ( he never won player of the season for them but was instrumental in many trophies they won ). they took seasons to replace him with a stop gap in VDS and now are back to square 1.

long may Joe reign...............

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.