Joe Mercer Way

I have them on my iPhone and I am just uploading them now. It seems I have to have a degree in neurophysics to get them from my phone to my laptop to website :S<br /><br />-- Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:55 am --<br /><br />Right here we go (hopefully this'll work)

A shot of the stadium and Joe Mercer Way from the bottom of Briscoe Lane:

A shot of Joe Mercer Way from the Car Park:

A shot of Joe Mercer Way close up (taken on that "speed hump"):

This is a pic of the work being done next to the club shop. As you have the stadium behind you, this work is taking place to the right of the club shop. On the left it is pretty much a building site with nothing worth taking a picture of.

Another thing worth nothing I think, is that at the top of Joe Mercer Way, there is now a Mosaiq (sp) sign that denotes it as "Joe Mercer Way" and it says "Joe Mercer OBE". A wicked touch but when I went to take a photo, I was told to go back as it was "dangerous to be there" lol

Lots of other little things going on, big hole where I suspect the Screen will be going near the old ticket office, lots of new bollards are up covered in plastic bags. Generally it's a building site but it's a building site that is moving quickly.

I'll keep updatiung this thread for the people who cannot get to CoMS. Progress reports if you will ;)

Hope the pics are of use to some people?

Being interested in stadia design I'm following the progress at City closely. The Joe Mercer Way signage in mosaic form is a nice touch. The only place where I can think of mosaics forming a significant part of the fabric of a stadium's "look" is Villa Park. Are City aiming to give the COMS a futuristic feel or are they going down the route of making the grounds look traditional? Either way it all seems to be taking shape.

I work for a lasercutting company...we had an enquiry yesterday for some signs

Bluemoon Cafe
Summerbees bar and
Star bar....with the 3 stars from the badge.....

The mosaic is a walk-round job with the rear depicting Mr. Mercer (stood with his back to the viewer) looking over the maine Rd. pitch. I tip me hat to whoever schemed/ordered it 10/10.

droylsdenblue said:
I work for a lasercutting company...we had an enquiry yesterday for some signs

Bluemoon Cafe
Summerbees bar and
Star bar....with the 3 stars from the badge.....

Hope your firm have a quick turnaround, as we need em for the 7th August.

Fat Chance said:
The mosaic is a walk-round job with the rear depicting Mr. Mercer (stood with his back to the viewer) looking over the maine Rd. pitch. I tip me hat to whoever schemed/ordered it 10/10.

It's very nice but it's nothing new. It's been there for years if it's the one I'm thinking of? Joe holding up the Championship from the front and looking out from the tunnel at the Kippax from the rear.

Blue Lloyd said:
Fat Chance said:

It's very nice but it's nothing new. It's been there for years if it's the one I'm thinking of? Joe holding up the Championship from the front and looking out from the tunnel at the Kippax from the rear.

Yeah, think that mosaic sign has been there since day one - ever since it was called Joe Mercer Way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.