Joey Barton

You'd think mate but I haven't, nor seen the film! I seem to recall Lord of the flies and some Orwell for my O-levels but not this one. I really ought to expand my horizons.
Gatsby's a great one to start with because it's only about 150 pages, you can read the whole thing in a few hours.

Do you seriously believe he meant to upset the Jewish community with his words?
Too many folk waiting to appear be outraged in the modern world,
I very much doubt he did but he does have form for seriously racist behaviour. It's a good job for him that the full version of the events that led to him getting involved in that fracas in Thailand and sent home never came out at the time.

I personally think he's tried to use a "clever" word and got it hopelessly wrong. Not in respect of offending anyone other than scholars of the English language. It's using the word in completely the wrong context.

Incidentally I am more offended that the BBC chose to inform everyone that he referenced THE holocaust and then proceeded to quote him which clearly states his reference to A holocaust.

I think he's an articulate fool, amongst other far worse traits but in this instance I think he's being overly pilloried for being dumb.

I personally think he's tried to use a "clever" word and got it hopelessly wrong. Not in respect of offending anyone other than scholars of the English language. It's using the word in completely the wrong context.

Incidentally I am more offended that the BBC chose to inform everyone that he referenced THE holocaust and then proceeded to quote him which clearly states his reference to A holocaust.

I think he's an articulate fool, amongst other far worse traits but in this instance I think he's being overly pilloried for being dumb.
He certainly comes across as a blatherskite with a penchant for coprolalia.

He certainly comes across as a blatherskite with a penchant for coprolalia.
Interesting. I hadn't heard either word but I knew what the first one meant.

The second, well I assumed it meant havering shite, as in coprolites, but it just means foul language. I liked the fact that Google says

Coprolalia
  1. the involuntary and repetitive use of obscene language, as a symptom of mental illness or organic brain disease."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.