Joey Barton

Did I mention the Jewish community?
I was relying to the point about the word being in use before 1940s and that even in its literal meaning it was a misuse by Barton
right ok, lets all google the entomology of words.
Derby day Massacre - that is out, no butchery was involved, Vegans will be absolutely livid.
Salah will be pissed off thinking he scored an hatrick when he wasn't even playing cricket.

Barton didn't refer to the victims of German genocide and no one was really upset by his comments it was just another axe grinding escapade (weirdly with no escaping needed)

right ok, lets all google the entomology of words.
Derby day Massacre - that is out, no butchery was involved, Vegans will be absolutely livid.
Salah will be pissed off thinking he scored an hatrick when he wasn't even playing cricket.

Barton didn't refer to the victims of German genocide and no one was really upset by his comments it was just another axe grinding escapade (weirdly with no escaping needed)
At the risk of being that guy; entomology is the study of insects. Etymology is the study of the origin of words.

This is from a dull FOC who used to know his chironomidae from his mayflys.

Before anyone says it; no I really don't get out much.

Last edited:
At the risk of being that guy; entomology is the study of insects. Etymology is the study of the origin of words.

This is from dull FOC who used to know his chironomidae from his mayflys.

Before anyone says it; no I really don't get out much.
You are Susie Dent and i claim my 500 rupees

Jamie Pollock described Kevin Horlock's sending off for aggressive walking against Bournemouth as 'a holocaust of a decision' back in 1999. I can recall people being a bit perplexed but maybe it's a term that's been used more commonly in football than anyone would like to admit.

Jamie Pollock described Kevin Horlock's sending off for aggressive walking against Bournemouth as 'a holocaust of a decision' back in 1999. I can recall people being a bit perplexed but maybe it's a term that's been used more commonly in football than anyone would like to admit.

Yes but it's also a stupid expression in that context too. You could substitute in a word like "abortion" and it still provocative.

Which was kind of the point, don't use provocative language and then complain if you provoke the wrong people because you were too shortsighted to choose your words better.

Last edited:
He should have been chucked out of football a decade ago , the only time that lazy prick at the players association did any work it was to stick up for him
When I saw that Gordyola liked your comment, for a minute I thought Gordon Taylor was on Bluemoon!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.