Joey Barton

Maybe he is auditioning to be the next England's women's team manager?

On a serious note I actually think he would make an expectational international manager especially somewhere away from the UK in a country he could be personally managed! South Korea...maybe somewhere in North Africa.

Absolutely correct, I thought Jen Beattie was very good the other day, you could sense she understands football, and doesn't hold any bias (unlike half the blokes). Eni Aluko despita having played the game doesn't actually have a clue what she's talking about, how she ever got a pundit job I dread to think.

I think Aluko is pretty crap but I imagine she got the gig as she was one of the highest profile recently retired players when they first started bringing female pundits in and she's pretty experienced both on and off the field. But I'd agree, for all of her knowledge and experience, it doesn't really translate into her being a good pundit and she comes out with things that are quite stupid sometimes. I imagine we'll probably see less of her in coming years as better personalities come to prominence.

Joey Barton is an absolute bellend but he's not far off here.

Presenters or main commentators I don't really care if they are male or female but as a pundit or on co-coms where you are meant to provide insight to the game, that needs to be for those who have played and have experience at the highest level.

You wouldn't see a conference player as a pundit in the PL so you shouldn't see a woman who played at a similar low standard on the panel.

What you have to ask yourself is so you dislike them for being shit or female?
So jenas, hoddle, hinchliffe are all wank
But we don’t blame it in them being male

Joey was a good player but never great, so he shouldn’t be able to talk about players who could do things better than him

He is a big mouth twat with nothing in his CV to back it up.
He is a chauvinist bully from a family of racist murderers
Get him in the bin!

Pundits and co-coms can all fuck off as far as I am concerned.
I'm not remotely interested in your opinion (take note Jim Beglin and Leon Osman).
The best commentary I have heard lately has been in the champions league where there is only one person and he is telling you who has the ball, a shot was deflected etc.
I always think back to when we used to listen on the radio and the commentators job was to paint a picture of what was happening on the pitch.

Joey was a good player but never great, so he shouldn’t be able to talk about players who could do things better than him

Get him in the bin!
We all know those 3 are shite. What should have happened is despite their playing experience they should have been binned because they are poor pundits.

What we have now is shite pundits who can't even comprehend playing at the elite level.

Everyone can talk about anything they want on social media. Barton was never good enough to be paid to discuss the big PL games or CL games on tv and rightly isn't called on as a pundit. If we were to list everyone's experience on PL games he is however much higher up the list than Alex Scott, Aluko or any other women pundits.

Get him in the bin!
I think Jenas is very articulate…

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.