John Guidetti: 20 goals and 6 assists in 23 for Feyenoord

Re: John Guidetti: 18 goals and 5 assists in 16 for Feyenoord

SCF08 said:
FantasyIreland said:
All good experience for him and considering his meteoric rise this incident may help keep him grounded.....

Just a couple of questions for those with the knowledge -

What system do Feyenoord play? And how would Guidetti fit into ours?

Would this be close?

Richards--Komps--Lescott--Clichy
--Nasri----Yaya-----Silva--
-Aguero--Guidetti---Mario-
Feyenoord play 4-3-3 as well but I think Guidetti is very good with 2 up front as well. He is really sharp and quick when he plays one-two's even though he hasn't got a lot of raw pace. Feyenoord are a bit like Arsenal at the moment with Van Persie and seem to play around Guidetti and look for him when they get close to goal. Guidetti has notched about 40% of Feyenoord's goal so that shows how important he is. I don't think he is ready to be a starting player for City but I think he is better suited (playing style wise) than Dzeko because Guidetti has a much better eye for space to either run in or pass in to.
Reminds me of a certain Tevez.

I know people want him back but seriously it will very damaging for his progress to return next year.

Let him stay at Feyenoord and learn from Koeman for another year.

I as much as any City fan want to see another academy player come through but this loan move is the best option for him.

Really hope City will hold on to him looks like we've got a very good player in our midst here. Even if it means we won't RVP in the next window I'd like to see a bit more home-grown talent at City along with Hart and Richards. Don't want to make another Sturridge error...

CTID101 said:
I know people want him back but seriously it will very damaging for his progress to return next year.

Let him stay at Feyenoord and learn from Koeman for another year.

1 year in Holland is enough for him, he's too good for that league. If he has to go out on loan again it needs to be in the Premier League, La Liga, or Serie A.

I'd have him back anyway, if Jo could manage 23 appearances in a season where we so often played with Tevez as a lone striker, surely Guidetti can manage more. I also feel that if he seamlessly adapts to the Premier League, he could wrestle Dzeko for game time rather than be "the 4th striker who plays every so often".

If he doesn't get game time as 4th striker, he could always go out on loan in January 2013.

SCF08 said:
Feyenoord play 4-3-3 as well but I think Guidetti is very good with 2 up front as well. He is really sharp and quick when he plays one-two's even though he hasn't got a lot of raw pace. Feyenoord are a bit like Arsenal at the moment with Van Persie and seem to play around Guidetti and look for him when they get close to goal. Guidetti has notched about 40% of Feyenoord's goal so that shows how important he is. I don't think he is ready to be a starting player for City but I think he is better suited (playing style wise) than Dzeko because Guidetti has a much better eye for space to either run in or pass in to.

____________Mulder__________
Leerdam__Vlaar__Martins Indi___Nelom
____El Ahmadi______Clasie___________
_____________Bakkal________________
Schaken_____Guidetti_______Fernandez_

Thanks.

Do some of you think we will actually bid for RvP? He would want a starting place in almost every game which would mean two of Aguero, Dzeko and Mario would have to be on the bench almost every week!

I think he'll get a shot next year, even as a 4th choice striker he'll get close to 30 appearances the way Mancini rotates

I think he should come back and be one of the four strikers for next season.

Makes sense from the financial perspective as well, it'd be like signing a £15m player, and he's already ours and at his age he can only get better. He'll get plenty of games even if he doesn't start the season as first choice..plus training with the likes of Aguero and Silva everyday could only improve him further..

Also it sends the right message to the likes of Bayern and the others who are sniffing round..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.