John Guidetti: 20 goals and 6 assists in 23 for Feyenoord

Re: John Guidetti: 18 goals and 5 assists in 16 for Feyenoord

LoveCity said:
Finally some quotes from City about him in the MEN...

<a class="postlink" href="http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/sport/football/manchester_city/s/1486711_loan-star-john-guidetti-has-future-at-manchester-city-despite-interest-from-bayern-munich?all_comments=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://menmedia.co.uk/manchesterevening ... comments=1</a>

“There is a future for John,” said coach David Platt. “The boy has got ability. We gave him a new contract last year because we believed he had the ability.

“It was always on the cards he would go out on loan somewhere. When players go out on loan you don't know how they are going to cope with it, what is going to happen.

“You have to say that has been a very successful loan for John, he is doing exceptionally well. He is creating a lot of attention because of the goals he is scoring - and not only scoring but making as well.”

“We need players - it is not a case of a fourth striker,” said Platt. “It is a case of turning around and saying we need a squad that is capable of competing on all fronts.

“It looks like a very successful loan spell. John will come back in the summer and we will see what we do with him.”
Sounds promising for him and to be fair I think he's earned his chance to come back and show what he can do

Gilemoon said:
Guidetti just had to stop his training with the swedish national team after he got injured, he might not be able to play the game vs Croatia
He is starting from the bench but the manager has said that he will definitely bring him on in the game.

will he play today?

The Guidetti to Milan rumour is gathering pace. Raiola is a snake and now they have Ibrahimovic (Guidetti's idol) bigging him up! Milan have even more forwards than us though, I could understand a move to Inter more.

LoveCity said:
The Guidetti to Milan rumour is gathering pace. Raiola is a snake and now they have Ibrahimovic (Guidetti's idol) bigging him up!
How is Raiola a snake?

He does what his client asks of him...

Some people think agents are some master, silver-tongued puppeteers that control players. That is so far from the truth.

Jumanji said:
How is Raiola a snake?

He is well known for sweet-talking his clients into moves as agents get a big commission fee, and it is much easier with the young ones. Pogba to Juventus is comical, I hate the rags but he is very close to a breakthrough now and would be in a much better situation than at Juve, yet Raiola is guiding him there.

Another snippet about Raiola: <a class="postlink" href="https://twitter.com/#!/DTguardian/status/174271580438937601" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://twitter.com/#!/DTguardian/statu ... 0438937601</a>

Jumanji said:
Some people think agents are some master, silver-tongued puppeteers that control players. That is so far from the truth.
But you know that they're not?

-- Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:48 pm --

Milan can pay up if they want John..

This isnt Tevez or Robinho, where they get headcase discount

LoveCity said:
Jumanji said:
How is Raiola a snake?

He is well known for sweet-talking his clients into moves as agents get a big commission fee, and it is much easier with the young ones. Pogba to Juventus is comical, I hate the rags but he is very close to a breakthrough now and would be in a much better situation than at Juve, yet Raiola is guiding him there.

Another snippet about Raiola: <a class="postlink" href="https://twitter.com/#!/DTguardian/status/174271580438937601" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://twitter.com/#!/DTguardian/statu ... 0438937601</a>
I've read the autobiography of Ibrahimovic. Raiola is not a sweet talker. If anything, he's an asshole to his clients.

I refuse to believe that Pogba would move to Juventus simply because Raiola wants him to.

Jumanji said:
I've read the autobiography of Ibrahimovic. Raiola is not a sweet talker. If anything, he's an asshole to his clients.

He's an arse to everyone, he is a typical agent just like Kia whose #1 priority is himself rather than his clients. He'll get his clients great deals, that is why he's a top agent, but he will urge them to move on whenever there is an opening because he knows what he'll get out of it, even if they are happy where they are.

A classic Raiola quote that speaks of his humanity:

"‘Cruyff and Guardiola should go to a mental hospital together, shut up, and sit down to play cards."

I refuse to believe that Pogba would move to Juventus simply because Raiola wants him to.

There's no logical reason for him to join Juventus, he is an 18-year-old who is next on the list to break through to the rags' first team squad. People at United said he wants to stay but is being influenced by other forces (Raiola). If he'd commit to United he'd already be on the bench more often but they will not play ball with contract rebels. Raiola knows that if he can get Pogba to Juventus, Juventus will give him an excellent financial incentive. Ferguson has as much as said that the agent is behind all this.

“He’s got an agent who’s obviously become a bit difficult but we’re negotiating with this agent and we want the boy to stay.”

Obviously I'll be happy if he leaves the rags because it weakens their prospects but now we may have to face up to the same situation due to Raiola. Of course a big difference is that Guidetti's contract is not ticking down with us so it will be more difficult for his agent to orchestrate the move. And Guidetti isn't Robinho, whose cut-price transfer to Milan Raiola made happen, he is someone not out of favour who the club wants to keep.

Agents are not really worth defending, you'd be hard pressed to find a genuinely decent human among them. They are self-serving scum and their clients are just pawns. Footballers aren't the brainiest bunch and these agents know full well.

Raiola to Ibra:

But do you know what he did, that smug bastard? He took up four papers he had printed from the Internet and on them there were a lot of names and numbers, like Christian Vieri, twenty seven games, twenty four goals. Filippo Inzaghi, twenty five games, twenty goals. David Trezeguet, twenty four games, twenty goals. And lastly, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, twenty five games, five goals.
“Do you think I can sell you with stats like this”, he said, and I thought, what’s this attack? But then I got back.

“Do you want to be the best in the world? Or the one who makes the most money and can glide around in stuff like this?”
“Best in the world!”
“Good! Because if you get to be the best in the world, the other things will come as well. But if you’re only after money, there will be nothing, you get it?”
“I get it.”
“Think about it, and let me know”, he said and then we ended the meeting.

“Alright”, he said. “But if you’re going to work with me, you’ll do as I say.”
“Yeah, sure.”
“You’re going to sell your cars. You’re going to sell your watches and start training three times harder. Because your stats are crap.”
Your stats are crap! I should have told him to go to hell.

--------------
“You like when people tell you that you’re the best, right?”
“Yeah, maybe.”
“But it’s not true. You’re not the best. You’re shit. You’re nothing. You have to work harder.”
“You’re shit. You just moan. You should work out yourself.”
“Go fuck yourself.”
“Fuck you.”
--------------
"Of course he took you off. You were the worst one on the pitch. You were shit."
"What the fuck are you saying?"
"You sucked. You should have been put on the bench earlier."<br /><br />-- Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:16 pm --<br /><br />
LoveCity said:
Agents are not really worth defending, you'd be hard pressed to find a genuinely decent human among them. They are self-serving scum and their clients are just pawns. Footballers aren't the brainiest bunch and these agents know full well.
This is precisely the point. I used to be great mates with a small time agent and I strongly disagree with that post.

Many footballers aren't book smart, but you don't need to be to know how to not be manipulated.

Agents do what their clients want. If the client doesn't want something, the agent won't do it. It's as simple as that for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.