John Guidetti: 20 goals and 6 assists in 23 for Feyenoord

van_dan said:
He's just hit the bar with an absolute beast of a freekick too

Yeah, keeper got a touch on it I think?

He is just oozing confidence whenever he has the ball but the service isn't that great or he'd score a lot more goals.

Blue Haze said:
He's really looking good. Playing the role that Balo plays, wide left striker.

Hope he will be given a chance this next preseason.

Far too good for the Dutch league, that much is 100% sure. Under normal circumstances I'd suggest a loan move to a Premier League or La Liga side but given his prodigious talent and the possibility we could lose him to a top side if we don't give him a chance, I think we should bed him into the first team.

I do think he might need time to adjust to the Premier League during which time I can imagine some critical fans becoming impatient with him. I could see him starting pre/post-Champions League games, domestic cup games, the less important league games (ie. West Brom or Aston Villa at home), and coming on a sub some other games.

Could play left forward or centre forward for us.

Voted man of the match by fan poll. Commentator said roughly: "John Guidetti, showing the depth and potential future of Manchester City".

LoveCity said:
Blue Haze said:
He's really looking good. Playing the role that Balo plays, wide left striker.

Hope he will be given a chance this next preseason.

Far too good for the Dutch league, that much is 100% sure. Under normal circumstances I'd suggest a loan move to a Premier League or La Liga side but given his prodigious talent and the possibility we could lose him to a top side if we don't give him a chance, I think we should bed him into the first team.

I do think he might need time to adjust to the Premier League during which time I can imagine some critical fans becoming impatient with him. I could see him starting pre/post-Champions League games, domestic cup games, the less important league games (ie. West Brom or Aston Villa at home), and coming on a sub some other games.

Could play left forward or centre forward for us.

Agree.

I think he would struggle but nowhere near how badly Dzeko struggled when he first came here. He is not pacey but isn't slow either, his control and touch are easily PL quality. Seems to have learned to play faster mentally in the Eredivisie. Could bed him at home against lower table clubs as long as he has quality around him in support.

This loan spell has been excellent for him. City could sell Balotelli this summer and keep Guidetti and this would perhaps make sense for FFPR etc. especially if £20m plus was obtained.

However, I would like to keep both of them as I do believe in the talent Balotelli has. At least one more season from him even if its only to increase his value. He frightens a lot of premiership defenders (especially Plug ha ha). I just hope he has learned a great deal from this season.

If he wasn't already a City player we'd probably be considering a £15m+ bid for him in the summer. He has to become a member of the first team squad next season or we'll lose him.

reddishblue said:
This loan spell has been excellent for him. City could sell Balotelli this summer and keep Guidetti and this would perhaps make sense for FFPR etc. especially if £20m plus was obtained.

However, I would like to keep both of them as I do believe in the talent Balotelli has. At least one more season from him even if its only to increase his value. He frightens a lot of premiership defenders (especially Plug ha ha). I just hope he has learned a great deal from this season.

Just as long as Guidetti is ahead of Balotelli in the pecking order.The difference we have seen by having a player who works hard for the team ( Tevez) instead of one who simply doesnt has been staggering.On his weaker days you can at least guarantee real effort from Guidetti.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.