John Guidetti - His Time

Samaras' Dutch goal scoring record is a myth...

2002–03: 4 goals in 15 games
2003–04: 4 goals in 27 games
2004–05: 11 goals in 31 games
2005–06: 6 goals in 15 games

Absolutely no idea why we signed him really...

(Guidetti got 20 goals and 8 assists in 23 games for comparison)

Neil McNab said:
xbuddyx said:
If he can score a hattrick vs Ajax he can score in PL aswell. I can't remember the last time City had a homegrown offensive player with this much talent. And yea as mentioned before in this thread, not giving him a chance would send a message to our other youngsters and future youngsters that they shouldn't come to the Etihad Campus cause there is no chance to get into the first team, even if you score 20 goals in 21 games while at loan in a league like Eredivision.
I agree he should be given a chance based on what he achieved on loan, he's not short of confidence has has shown from an early age to be very determined to succeed.
The trouble is, watching him play you can see he will just be our Nicholas Bentner, doesn't strike the ball very cleanly, lacks pace and looks as though he struggles to keep his weight down. Those stats of his don't mean a great deal if you consider the cheap goals and the penalties. I think city are looking for a good pay day!

<a class="postlink" href="http://weheartit.com/entry/24484213" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://weheartit.com/entry/24484213</a> hardly the physique of someone who struggles to keep their weight down. He's a tank not like that bag of spuds Rooney

I agree at some point in time the kids have to be given a chance. Otherwise whats the point in developing the academy. He has a natural hunger for goals and I believe a greater desire than, for example, Mario.

When he returns to fitness he needs to be played.

Any chance Liverpool could take him as an emergency loan?

1. He'd be pretty much guaranteed playing time in our league.

2. Although not the force they were, he'd still be getting experience playing for a big club.

3. Even while playing for a big club in our league, he'd not be aiding a direct rival.

Pretty much a perfect situation to train him up for our level.

Generally speaking, great players will scale with whatever league/squad they're placed in. Its a team sport and with even better service than Feyenoord's mid-field can provide, he should look more impressive if he's up for it mentally. I think you'd have trouble picking out a single one of City's starting XI that haven't improved in very substantial ways after gelling with everyone else over the past few years

-Silva has become a world-beater after a couple seasons.

-Vincent is now rated as one of the best centerbacks in the world

-Yaya has practically picked up a new lease on the game as an attacking midfielder option.

-Pablo is one of the best fullbacks in the country

-Gareth has stepped it up quite a bit

-Joe is now a world-beater

etc, etc, etc.

To think that Guidetti wouldn't be up for it because he scored those goals in a lesser league is looking at it rather one-dimensionally.

I think the sensible way to look at it is to give him his chance. Aguero is out, Balotelli has his eye operation etc. Guidetti could at least get some game time against Fulham or Villa in the League Cup etc. Possibly another loan out somewhere - but then we still want him to wear a City shirt.

dennishasdoneit said:
chestervegasblue said:
dennishasdoneit said:
Yes but Suarez DID score an absolute shedload in the dutch league...yet over here is not rated as a natural finisher..maybe the dutch 1st div is rubbish..maybe suarez would score for fun in a decent prem. team?

Just looked it up, and Samaras scored 20 goals in his last season and a half in the Dutch league too.

didn,t suarez hit 35 in ONE season? i may be wrong.
and biting an opponent lol

jollylescott said:
I agree at some point in time the kids have to be given a chance. Otherwise whats the point in developing the academy. He has a natural hunger for goals and I believe a greater desire than, for example, Mario.

Anyone who went to the Carling Cup away game at West Brom 2 years ago will know this lad will never play at the highest level for City.

gio's side step said:
jollylescott said:

Anyone who went to the Carling Cup away game at West Brom 2 years ago will know this lad will never play at the highest level for City.

I didn't go to that game. And why will he not play for us at the highest level?

I presume you are judging him from that one game of football.

His club manager last season was a Dutch legend who has played with and against some of the best players the world has ever seeen. This man believes John Guidetti can be better than Ibrahimovic. This is after seeing him for a WHOLE season - not one match. Although you are entitled to form your opinion on that short viewing, I prefer to value the opinion of a highly regarded ex-professional who has 'been there and got the t-shirt'.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.