John Guidetti

Certainly heard good things about him but i've personally never seen him play. Came across very motivated and interested in the football and keeping fit just like the young lads should be.

I hope we give him a chance and try and get him on when we can during the season if he has a good pre season and is doing it in training.

John Guidetti?

For anyone who's seen this lad play

How good is he? I've heard some good things about him, but I've never actually seen him play.

What type of player is he and who would you compare him too? Also, do you think he will make it?

(cheers for the merge... just saw this thread - what a plank!)

This kid is going to be a star, mark my words. Has everything, the talent, the confidence and the correct attitude.

Immaculate Pasta said:
This kid is going to be a star, mark my words. Has everything, the talent, the confidence and the correct attitude.

I saw him play when on loan in Sweden. He showed very good skills and got praise for his play. I agree he has the right attitude.

He also seems very bright and verbal, he actually participated several times as a commentator in a Swedish football programme showing EPL during the spring, he impressed even then. They tried to tap him for information how it is to be a footballer at ManC. I remember some stuff:
The difference between Hughes and Mancini - Hughes is more authoritarian. Hughes did not participate in trainings as much as Mancini, nor did he speak to the players. Hughes did not know the name of the academy players, even after a year. Mancini knew all names of the academy players from day one.
How is Tevez? According to Guidetti he doesn't say so much. You can sit beside him during lunch, and he says nothing!
Who is the funny guy? Adebayor seems to be a joker. One day after the practise when Guidetti had taken a shower he felt a slap on his ass. It was Adebayor, joking with the academy boy.

This guy is the biggest talent from Sweden in years. Deadly in the box, works his socks off every game.
I dind´t expect him to be as good as he was during his loan to Sweden. Proved that his team game has developed quite a bit.

As stated before this guy is gonna be the new shrek...

Re: John Guidetti?

ramsdale4 said:
For anyone who's seen this lad play

How good is he? I've heard some good things about him, but I've never actually seen him play.

What type of player is he and who would you compare him too? Also, do you think he will make it?

(cheers for the merge... just saw this thread - what a plank!)

Ive seen him play quitea few times for the under 18s-The nearest comparison I would make in terms of style of palyer is Mark Viduka.Guidetti is strong and has good feet for a tall player.

Decent article on him from the NOTW a while back: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/806980/ONE-TO-POACH-John-Guidetti.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/8 ... detti.html</a>

06/05/2010
OUR One to Poach feature looks at a Manchester City striker who has been plying his trace on loan in Sweden.

John Guidetti is only 18 and is hoping to make the breakthrough at Eastlands, despite the intense competition for places under Roberto Mancini.

If you have any comments about him, please drop us a line using the feedback form below.

Name: John Guidetti

Position: Striker

Club: Manchester City, currently on loan at IF Brommapojkarna.

Statistics: (Swedish Allsvenskan):
Appearances: 5, Goals: 1, Assists: 3
(From what I can find on the net it seems he finished up with 8 games, 3 goals)

Questions were asked of John Guidetti in Sweden when he signed for Manchester City in 2008 at the age of 15. Brought to the club by City's then manager Sven Goran Eriksson, there were many in his homeland who believed that he should have spent his formative years in the Swedish Allsvenskan, learning his trade and honing his skills before a big move to a top European league.

After impressing in the Manchester City reserve team, Guidetti returned to Sweden last month and has immediately proved his talent in his home country. Playing for former club IF Brommapojkarna, he has shown that, even at his young age, he can be physically imposing and Swedish pundits have been drooling over the striker's undoubted talents.

The 18-year-old striker can only play for his old club for a maximum of eight games but, in just five so far, he has shown undoubted promise. Guidetti is a right-footed striker who loves to run the channels and he knows how to work hard on the pitch, much like Carlos Tevez at his parent club.

In his first game away at Trelleborgs, he came on with just over 20 minutes remaining and set up a last-minute winner for Olof Guterstam. His instant impact led to a start in the next game at home to Gefle and he did not disappoint, with a goal and an assist. His 57th minute goal in this game was a fine finish, after he had rounded the keeper.

He then played 90 minutes in the Allsvenskan defeat to Elfsborg in the next match and then returned the side to winning ways by setting up a last-minute own goal for a 1-0 home win over Halmstads. Last night, Guidetti again provided an assist in a 4-1 defeat at Atvidaberg.

There is no doubt that IF Brommapojkarna have looked a far greater attacking force since Guidetti returned for his loan spell that comes to an end during the break for the World Cup. His stocky style is reminiscent of Tevez and Wayne Rooney and even at such a young age he looks too strong for Swedish football and perfectly suited to the English game.

It has also been apparent since Guidetti has returned to Sweden that the youngster is not short of confidence and is hugely enthusiastic about his own playing career. On television, he has praised Manchester City and expects to go out on loan next season due to the competition for places at Eastlands with a move to a Championship club the most likely scenario.

Although Guidetti has shown glimpses of naivety in interviews, he takes his career very seriously and lives with his father in England who has played a prominent role in his career. He has not only been a success in Sweden but also impressed for the Manchester City reserve team, most notably claiming a hat-trick against the Burnley reserves who had included a number of experienced players.

The main question now surrounding Guidetti is whether he can succeed at Manchester City where there seems no limit to their spending power. He has represented Sweden at Under-16 and Under-17 levels and seems likely to be a full Swedish international but displacing the likes of Carlos Tevez, Emmanuel Adebayor and Roque Santa Cruz seems unlikely.

From his time in Sweden, it is fair to say Guidetti has decent pace, good vision, an awareness of his team-mates and composure in front of goal. He is extremely strong and has been one of the most physical attackers in the Allsvenskan, which at his age is a huge advantage.

The young striker is also very versatile in his movement as he can either work the channels (due to his speed and fine technique) or be very effective in the penalty box thanks to his strong presence as he knows how to position himself to win the ball and overcome physically tough and imposing defenders.

Of course, all the above comes with the caveat that Guidetti is very young and inexperienced and he sometimes makes bad decisions in his attacking play. But, this Swedish striker looks to have the world at his feet and he does not appear to be afraid of attempting to become a key man at the richest club in world football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.