John Guidetti

Just watched the Vancouver game,John looked excellent - strong,skillful,enthusiastic and knows where the net is.

I'm very happy he's signed that new contract because at 19 he will mature and progress enormously in the next three years.He is everything we need in a fourth striker and will save us a fortune.

FantasyIreland said:
Just watched the Vancouver game,John looked excellent - strong,skillful,enthusiastic and knows where the net is.

I'm very happy he's signed that new contract because at 19 he will mature and progress enormously in the next three years.He is everything we need in a fourth striker and will save us a fortune.

I thought he looked OK. But not blessed with electric pace.

Yeah, he wasn't able to do much on the end of a couple of really nice through balls that would have sent a pacy striker alone on goal. Ground was wet and he's a big fellow, so maybe it slowed him down, but he's probably not a lone striker type, seems like he would probably be most effective in a pairing

There is one interesting thing about his style of play, or lets call it skills, worth mentioning.
Not sure anyone else seen him play these last seasons agree, but In my opinion he is not a natural, clinical, sniper. He simply dont score on all chances. Or in other words - given the same amount of chances as him, the likes of Tevez or maybe Balo would probably score more.

But he makes up for that by creating more chances than most. Or running in to them if you like.
He is a turboengine with an iq, meaning that guy puts in an effort as well as reads the game very well.

Bluemoon115 said:
colin's bell helmet said:
Bluemoon115 said:
Your words, no-one elses.
why call somebody a nob because they have a different opinion on a player than you do? is that not a very nobbish trait to have on a fuckin football forum?
Firstly, I never said you were a nob, you did.

Secondly, to write off a kid after a pre season game is just, well...
firstly I didn't say you specifically called me a nob it was a general question as you seem to agree with the poster who did call someone a nob for having a different opinion on a player.

secondly why do you assume I've only seen john play once? I've seen him play a fair few times over the past few years and everytime I have seen him he hasn't ever impressed me and looked distinctly average even when he went on loan to burnley. if you think he's the next shearer or whoever then great good for you you're entitled to your opinion which differs from mine. SWP is imo not good enough either yet has scored 2 in 2 pre season so if I judged a player on 2 games I'd be screaming for SWP to get more games next season as i'm sure some already have done somewhere on this forum.

Giles said:
FantasyIreland said:

I thought he looked OK. But not blessed with electric pace.

Some great Strikers weren't particularly quick. Other parts of his game should counter balance that.

FantasyIreland said:

Calm down mate. He was pretty average and should have scored 2-3 more. Maybe a confidence thing at this point but he has never striked me as the kind of person who lacks confidence.

From what i have seen of the preseason friendlies , he looks OK but nothing great but he has the potential to develop into something great. I think he should be given a run out in the early stages of the carling cup.

ograset said:
There is one interesting thing about his style of play, or lets call it skills, worth mentioning.
Not sure anyone else seen him play these last seasons agree, but In my opinion he is not a natural, clinical, sniper. He simply dont score on all chances. Or in other words - given the same amount of chances as him, the likes of Tevez or maybe Balo would probably score more.

But he makes up for that by creating more chances than most. Or running in to them if you like.
He is a turboengine with an iq, meaning that guy puts in an effort as well as reads the game very well.
Hmm, even world class strikers tend to have a conversion chance of around 1 goal per 2 games. If they scored on all chances they'd be looking at 2-3 goals per game. You could argue with 1 goal in 2 games he is world class going by that measure :D

He looks to be worth keeping, some of the Englands best goalscorers had pretty shit pace, Shearer and Lineker come to mind. He needs some first team action but would prefer it to be on loan at Bolton or Fulham and now prove he can become good enough for our team. Hopeful atm but he's still only 19 and a good prospect.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.