John Guidetti

RVZ Urmston said:
manchester blue said:
Would you? Based on what? All his PL performances to date? Exactly how many times have you seen him play? Please give me a resume of his strengths and weaknesses.

At last some sense. Have any of those praising Guidetti ever seen him play. IMO he is a fat Paul Moulden, not the savouir of Manchester City's season. It's like England fans "once Jack Wilshire is fit, Everything will slot into place and England will win the World Cup". Baffling!

Well, he did pretty well in that league, which holds that team of kids, that beat us last week.

The delusion of the superiority of the PL is alive and kicking.

RVZ Urmston said:
manchester blue said:
Would you? Based on what? All his PL performances to date? Exactly how many times have you seen him play? Please give me a resume of his strengths and weaknesses.

At last some sense. Have any of those praising Guidetti ever seen him play. IMO he is a fat Paul Moulden, not the savouir of Manchester City's season. It's like England fans "once Jack Wilshire is fit, Everything will slot into place and England will win the World Cup". Baffling!

He's a goal scorer no pace what so ever but the way we keep the ball he could do a job for us

RVZ Urmston said:
CTID101 said:
He may be nearing towards being part of training but miles away in match practice. A 6 month loan back to Feynoord will be good for him I reckon, he will get played and get his confidence back.

One of our strikers is going to move on during the summer so he slots back in and takes part in pre season and earns himself a spot in the squad for next year.

So we are not going to buy another top class stiker then?
Well having any 3 of our current 4 and someone like Guidetti is already streets ahead of many teams in Europe. Having 4 top class strikers doesn't guarantee anything. I would rather we had two starters in Tevez and Aguero then someone different like Balotelli or Dzeko alongside a great talent in Guidetti.

Comrade Buka said:
Well, he did pretty well in that league, which holds that team of kids, that beat us last week.

Feyenoord would've won instead of drawn with Guidetti in his form of yesteryear.

greasedupdeafguy said:
Champions2012! said:
Our Dutch Mickey Mouse competition has no competent defenders unlike the EPL
Yet Ajax still hammered us......the team where Guidetti got a hattrick.

Ajax have lost this season to clubs not even relevant in Holland let alone Europe...doesn't mean those are better than City

The Ajax team he put three past had Vertonghen in defence and was a better 11 than the one that beat us (Anita, now at Newcastle, also played).

I don't understand why we need to have 4 big name strikers anyway. Real Madrid don't, Barcelona don't, Bayern Munich don't. And our system works best with no more than two on the pitch at any time, an argument could even be made for one striker and three playmakers (one of them a goal scoring playmaker). We crammed three on the pitch today and even with Carlos as basically an attacking midfielder it didn't work exactly and result in goals. If anything we should stock up on playmakers rather than strikers.

LoveCity said:
The Ajax team he put three past had Vertonghen in defence and was a better 11 than the one that beat us (Anita, now at Newcastle, also played).

I don't understand why we need to have 4 big name strikers anyway. Real Madrid don't, Barcelona don't, Bayern Munich don't. And our system works best with no more than two on the pitch at any time, an argument could even be made for one striker and three playmakers (one of them a goal scoring playmaker). We crammed three on the pitch today and even with Carlos as basically an attacking midfielder it didn't work exactly and result in goals. If anything we should stock up on playmakers rather than strikers.

So your saying Baconface is wrong as he always says that you need 4 top class strikers. I don't understand why some are obsessed with getting Guidetti in the team when you could have a Falco, Lorenta or Soldado?

RVZ Urmston said:
So your saying Baconface is wrong as he always says that you need 4 top class strikers. I don't understand why some are obsessed with getting Guidetti in the team when you could have a Falco, Lorenta or Soldado?

Do you consider Welbeck and Hernandez "top class strikers" then because I don't. United for me have two top strikers (one of whom seems to have been converted into something of an attacking midfielder), Van Persie and Rooney, and two sufficient rotation options who don't seem to mind warming the bench when asked.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.