John Gwynne RIP (p 11)

Very sad news. I was at Chorlton Grammar at the same time as John, albeit I was a few years younger, and remember him well from those days. He matured well and was a great commentator.

This is really sad. He's a top man.
I worked on the local paper and he always provided a piece on the Tameside Darts Leagues. Every week he would either bring it in personally or phone it through.
I remember listening to him, when he was commentating on the World Champs, and then taking his call an hour after he'd gone off air, as he dictated his copy. It didn't matter whether it was Taylor v Barney, or The Junction v The Kings Head he just loved the sport and promoting it.
Thoughts are with all his family.
He played darts in a Tameside League, I used to go in the Wellington in Stalybridge for Monday games night, darts, crib and dominoes, John turned up a few times (playing for the opposition) lovely fella, think he wrote the Tameside Advertiser column which included that league.

Brilliant watch that. "Manchester's extra special"
Really emotional watching that, John's a giant amongst men. His love for all sports shines through. Testimony to John's professionalism that many Blues didn't realize he's a fellow traveller! Shame his son's such git, whenever I've been unfortunate to speak with him.

God bless John.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.