John Motson calls Manchester City the best team he has ever seen

"yeah yeah we know how good City are but what about chelsea' poor perfoermance what'd you think...."

Isn’t it funny how EVERY FUCKING TEAM has a poor game against us, yet we never get the plaudits for playing “keep away” with 75+% possession and scoring two or three while missing just as many!

Have these morons ever thought that City MAKE DECENT TEAMS LOOK BAD, and it is a “bad day at the office” for them because we made it that way?!

Yet, any team that actually presses us, plays well on the counter, and manages more than 25% possession is considered to have “put us to the sword!”

It is as lazy as lazy can be to say “bad day” as opposed to doing some ACTUAL ANALYSIS of the how and why of City not allowing them to play and forcing them to play our game.

Barry Davies was my favourite commentator. Nobody was ever denigrated for under performing it was always skill that won a game and or being unlucky in defence or in front of goal. Motty - though I share his nickname and his penchant for stats - always relied to much on nstats and historical anecdotes rather than the game in front of him.
Of the modern band - it has to be Jonathan Pearce who is my favourite. He is at least balanced - which is a rare thing in the modern game.

Perhaps his senility only allows him to remember the current season. He's been dire for a long while now, but thanks for the compliment, John.

Remember listening to him on 5 live Monday night club a couple of years ago and he was quite critical of us. But good to see he has finally come to his senses.

By using the words "senile old fucker well past his sell-by date" in previous posts, it is possible that I may have given the impression that I don't rate John's football credentials.

Nothing could be further from the truth. I am happy to set the record straight and confirm that his insight and knowledge of the game clearly eclipse those of many younger pundits.

Speaks very highly of you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.