John Stones - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
His passing has ben very conservative over the last 2/3 months but is still uncertain. He mostly defers to his partner to bting the ball out. Even so, he still loses the ball too often whenever he doesn't pass to his fellow centre back, the right back or keeper.

I suspect he's cutting out the high risk passes to revert to the basics and build some confidence.

i actually thought he played pretty well tonight, passed and came out the back well. he also made some good blocks and tackles. i think he was left with absolultey no help around him or from midfield. when they scored the second ? he was the only one against two.

Only player who I thought had a good game. Especially considering he was having to cover for Sagna all fucking game. Made some good blocks, some good clearances from the box, brought the ball out from defence and played some great forward passes.

Hey, it's me.

Yeah the guy who has ragged on him all year long.

I thought he was fucking immense tonight.

He cared. He stepped up. He refused to be a coward.

Let down by those around him tonight.

Well played Stones, you've earned my trust.

He was absolutely immense. If you'd only count the second half (which would be quite idiotic, I admit), then fucking man of the match. The way he carried the ball out of defence to midfield and played a good pass + the way he tackled and intercepted sometimes way after the half line was absolutely fucking spot on. Go on lad.

Hey, it's me.

Yeah the guy who has ragged on him all year long.

I thought he was fucking immense tonight.

He cared. He stepped up. He refused to be a coward.

Let down by those around him tonight.

Well played Stones, you've earned my trust.
Agree he was brilliant today. By far our best player.

Played very well, glad to see others separating him from the dire performances around him

One of the few who performed or at the very least cannot be blamed.

Last edited:
Can't be bothered posting anything too long as the threads are livewire tonight

If you have ever played football to a decent standard, or understand the game, you'll understand he was simply immense tonight.
The way he took responsibility and drove us forward, literally pinning Monaco into their final third, was the greatest example of the benefits of modern/high intensity defending we have seen so far

Those on his back, just don't bother coming. For as long as Pep is our manager, he will be encouraged to play this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.