John Stones - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you are all easily impressed.

None of them were any good at he back, slow to react to everything & his passing was nothing more than Joey Barton would do. Ok passing for a big galoot central defender, but pretty average by the standard for any oher position.

I'm sure we will stick with him as we have invested 3 times his value in signing him. Perhaps he may evetually be worth it, if we find 3 others to play alongside.

None of them were any good at he back, slow to react to everything & his passing was nothing more than Joey Barton would do. Ok passing for a big galoot central defender, but pretty average by the standard for any oher position.

I'm sure we will stick with him as we have invested 3 times his value in signing him. Perhaps he may evetually be worth it, if we find 3 others to play alongside.

I am going to sound like a demented parrot here but with better full backs we will be on the road to improvement.

Second half he took responsibility to bring the ball out and start attacks. Good for a young player to take the impetus.

We've conceded 3 goals from crosses without our centre backs doing a fucking thing to stop it. Oddly the majority on here seem ok with it, on the basis that Stones is ok bringing the ball forward 30 yards into midfield.

Seriously, if I wasn't a City fan and I just stumbled on to this site and read what the majority write on here, I would be convinced that City must be the greatest football team in the world. Apparently the majority of our players are either world class or on their way to being so.

I agree, but we still need two centre backs imo, & for me, one would be a veteran, who starts ahead of Stones, until Stones learns to defend properly.

We have got a generous summer budget but we will only sign one centre back this time and that is probably Vinny's replacement. For Otamendi faults he will probably will get one more chance next season to play alongside the new full backs.

Last edited:
We've conceded 3 goals from crosses without our centre backs doing a fucking thing to stop it. Oddly the majority on here seem ok with it, on the basis that Stones is ok bringing the ball forward 30 yards into midfield.

Seriously, if I wasn't a City fan and I just stumbled on to this site and read what the majority write on here, I would be convinced that City must be the greatest football team in the world. Apparently the majority of our players are either world class or on their way to being so.

Defending has become an afterthought.

We now have exactly the kind of defence anyone who gives a fuck about defending & watched Otamendi, Stones & Kolarov in action in the past, would expect.

Somehow folks on here figured it would be instantly better with each signing, even after watching them play for their previous clubs.

Mangala has been unlucky imo, falling foul of the 'ball playing' tag. He's potentially a better defender than any of them, but the modern day thing seems to be having shit midfielders as centre backs, rather than proper centre backs.

That's what the fucking full backs are meant to be for. To stop the balls coming in. When you have Clichy and Sagna giving opposition wingers carte blanche to take their time and whip a ball in you're screwed from the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.