John Stones - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liked the look of him when I watched him play for Everton, but he has far exceeded how good I thought he was. Absolutely what we needed in that position. We have got a lot of what some would call 'proper defenders' but we were crying out for a ball player to play next to them. Looks like he's been here for years, hope it continues.

Really impressed with him, this is coming from a doubter. He seems to be relishing to step up.

He does that to every player.... Stones was also brilliant until he went off!!
He's been brilliant full stop since he signed, gladly swallowing my objections, got worse as the match went on though, although he wasn't as downright offensive as that obscene little fucker we signed from Liverpool :)

I think we paid a very high price for him but I never doubted his talent, I was more concerned about his dip in form last season and whether he is easily affected by pressure and criticism.

I don't want to jinx it but it looks as though any fears that I had of the transfer fee affecting his first season with us like with Sterling were not necessary, what a difference a manager can make to a player. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.