John Stones - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
West Ham player deliberately tried to hurt him... Was a stamp &; red card for me - dangerous play & only intent was to hurt Stones!!

Why did MoTD not show the challenge on Stones? I've not seen it personally, but some red bin dippers on Facebook felt it should have been a red to whomever made the challenge? I'm curious to see how bad it was....

Love the fact Stones gets stuck in though, reminds me of Vinnie back in his prime, not arsed at all regarding the out come.

Why did MoTD not show the challenge on Stones? I've not seen it personally, but some red bin dippers on Facebook felt it should have been a red to whomever made the challenge? I'm curious to see how bad it was....

Love the fact Stones gets stuck in though, reminds me of Vinnie back in his prime, not arsed at all regarding the out come.
It was the guy who got booked then had warning after warning, he left his fort in, I felt West Ham were very physical today

I had no doubts when we signed him that we signed a real player. Absolutely top class and a real leader despite his age. The perfect Pep player.

Everyone should save this. He will be the best in the world in 2 years.

I had doubts over this signing but so far he's run the fucking show. Problem is that he's still young and only realising how good he is, which is leading to overconfidence at times. He just showed a bit too much of the ball to the steau team the other day and once or twice today.

The derby might sharpen his senses or it may be very bad for him. Long term I have little doubt he's gonna be a rolls Royce of a centre half for us. He's controlled play, commanded the defence, made a lot of important blocks and seen a lot of the ball. But he's 22 and there will be a couple of bumps along the way and I get the feeling one is due fairly soon.

Hopefully he'll go to old Trafford.and boss that big nose wanker and Co. Will be a huge feather in his cap if he does

I had doubts over this signing but so far he's run the fucking show. Problem is that he's still young and only realising how good he is, which is leading to overconfidence at times. He just showed a bit too much of the ball to the steau team the other day and once or twice today.

The derby might sharpen his senses or it may be very bad for him. Long term I have little doubt he's gonna be a rolls Royce of a centre half for us. He's controlled play, commanded the defence, made a lot of important blocks and seen a lot of the ball. But he's 22 and there will be a couple of bumps along the way and I get the feeling one is due fairly soon.

Hopefully he'll go to old Trafford.and boss that big nose wanker and Co. Will be a huge feather in his cap if he does

He's been getting away with one or two close things which coud have gone pear shaped on another day & also still a work in progress defensively, but he's settled a lot better than I expected him to early doors, & looks as if he can become the player everyone hopes.

With all our defenders so far, & indeed he team, it has to be tempered by he fact we have yet to play v any real quality, but we can only play against what is in front of us.

I watched Barca tonight & they would have had a problem playing us imo. And they were no better at the back & had just as many misplaced passes amongst defenders as we have had in our games. And they have been at it a lot longer.

All in all, although i have always considered it a gamble, Stones is looking like a great signing so far & hopefully when things do occasionally go wrong, he will ride throught it & continue improving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.