John Stones - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It could be that we finally have a manager in this country who will change our attitude to how football should be played. The Stones video only shows that other players in the Everton team were not in a position to receive the ball from Stones once the defensive work was done. It then looks like Stones over playing and taking unnecessary risk.

The football from the back against West Ham was some of the most exhilarating I have seen in my forty years of watching City. Watching three defenders completely remove the pressing attackers from the game and create extra space for the attack was a joy to watch. Conversely, I hear coaches every week telling defenders to 'get rid' because they've put a big lad at the back and all the footballers further forward.

Merson is just a product of the past where you take no risk at the back and rely totally on the attackers to create space. We have moved on but let's face it, many in the stands have gasped, game after game, as soon as a defender has passed the ball out to a deep midfielder or across the back. We all can learn and fortunately, it's us that will lay the foundations.

BFS says he's going to improve John Stones to make him a better player.

Thank fuck for that, I've been worried that it would be beyond Pep's abilities...

Watch from 2.49

BFS says he's going to improve John Stones to make him a better player.

Thank fuck for that, I've been worried that it would be beyond Pep's abilities...

Watch from 2.49

I think it would be best for all concerned if Stones took a sabbatical till Sam left.

Jokes aside, he's very young and learning the game. Learning from two coaches at opposite ends of the coaching World can't be over productive.

I think it would be best for all concerned if Stones took a sabbatical till Sam left.

Jokes aside, he's very young and learning the game. Learning from two coaches at opposite ends of the coaching World can't be over productive.
Its a frightening thought..

Stones: “Already I can see a difference in my decision-making. We can all regroup from putting it in Row Z sometimes. Sunday, I did it.”
Stones: “I’ve always done that (carry ball out of defence), and like to carry on doing that. I want to stay true to myself.”
Stones: “But at the end of the day I’m a defender, and that’s what I want to be known as as well.“
Stones: “They (Martinez and Guardiola) are different people, different advice, different thoughts on playing football and different needs.“
Stones: “I believe that change is good. I felt it was the right time to move on and go and further different ambitions in my career
Stones “I felt it was right to move on to work under the best manager. It’s how passionate he is. I think that is rubbing off on the lads.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.