John Stones - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we'd have gone as far as £70m or £80m for Stones and still thought it'd be worth it in the long run. Amazing potential.

Strange to think a few months ago he was a bit of a nervous wreck at Everton with the crowd on his back, being shunted out to RB or even left on the bench... showing real leadership in his play this season. 22 and he was dictating England's play from centre half.

He doesn't just lump the ball, he doesn't just pass the ball. Watch closely, whenever he can he waites and draws a pressing opposition forward close to him before he passes, so taking that player out of the game, cool as fuck, pure class.

Last edited:
mf0mdaT.gif

Tnjz8J7.gif

mf15uwl.gif

John Stones v Slovakia

Strange to think a few months ago he was a bit of a nervous wreck at Everton with the crowd on his back, being shunted out to RB or even left on the bench... showing real leadership in his play this season. 22 and he was dictating England's play from centre half.

I agree. It's incredible to me how calm and composed he looks at such a young age. If you just watched him play you'd never guess he's 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.