John Stones - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he was a shit defender but today I liked his confidence. Hope he continues as well.

So composed on the ball. Been here for less than a week and he hardly put a foot wrong in his debut. Can't wait to see how he develops under Pep!

I worry for Stones and the rest of our England contingent , week in week out they will be exposed to advanced tactics and thinking from Pep using tactics unseen in the Premier league before yesterday .Then they are exposed to Big Fat Sam and caveman tactics , BFS has already stated that the first thing he will do is teach Stones to defend properly , well thanks for the offer, but Pep wants Stones defending in away that is light years ahead of anything that Sam's brain can comprehend when it comes to football tactics.

I worry for Stones and the rest of our England contingent , week in week out they will be exposed to advanced tactics and thinking from Pep using tactics unseen in the Premier league before yesterday .Then they are exposed to Big Fat Sam and caveman tactics , BFS has already stated that the first thing he will do is teach Stones to defend properly , well thanks for the offer, but Pep wants Stones defending in away that is light years ahead of anything that Sam's brain can comprehend when it comes to football tactics.

Why would you worry? Only a fraction of their time is spent with the national squad and Stones will learn more from three years under Pep than he would in a lifetime under Allardyce.

That being said, I really don't see the harm in another manager offering Stones another perspective on the defensive side of the game.

It's easy to get overly excited after a promising debut, but I'm going to do just that. Stones was excellent yesterday. Calm, confident, looked like he'd been there for years. Most importantly that right hand side of the defensive pairing looks solid without Vinny being there which is hasn't done for some time now. Just like Sterling, in years to come the transfer fee will look a bargain. This kid's going to be our captain one day ...

Going to be interesting to see whether Otamdeni can nail down the other side of the pairing, whether Kolarov really is a serious solution for the rest of the season, or whether we go and buy someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.