John Stones - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a guy playing the best front 3 in the world football in only his 4th Champions League game, he handled it brilliantly. Unlucky with that clearance but other than that rock solid and pretty much read every run that Suarez made.

Thought he played very well, apart from that daft f*ck up near our penalty box where he tried to be too clever and play his way out of a tight situation and lost the ball to Barcelona's midfield player, (especially because he had the option of passing to his left at the time I think), that was a potentially dangerous situation for the team, which was easily avoidable.

I think this is where Pep needs to coach Stones a bit more, to not be so cocky and think he can play his way out of all situations, sometimes a simple pass to a team mate will do.

I'm not usually one to heap the praise on Stones as i believe he still has alot of work to do. But he was solid today and has been steadily improving over the last few weeks...Backwards passing aside aha.

Stones easily beat my expectations when we bought him. Still does on nights like this. How on earth he managed to find Suarez with a neat pass shows you he even has the typical City gem in him already.

That pass... :D I was dying inside when they took their shot and it was seemingly going in. All of our brilliant work throughout the game almost went to the shit, but it's important that his confidence remains on top in any conditions. Impressed by him and how he handled both this game and the one at the Camp Nou.

Good player, will become a lot better as time goes on, remember his age, just 22 but already has nearly 100 premier league games under his belt and full England international. If Smalling didn't play for the shite JS would have had plenty more caps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.