John Stones - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
People saying he'll end up as a holding midfielder remind me of posters discussing Vinny shortly into his career with us.

Vinnie started off as a midfielder with us then moved into defence. He's also not as good as Stones on the ball or passing.

Vinnie started off as a midfielder with us then moved into defence. He's also not as good as Stones on the ball or passing.
Stones is going to become a world class ballplaying centre half. His talents won't be wasted in midfield where we can utilise the benefits of other world class players.

I love the guy, but I think it's hilarious the way he Frantically waves his hand to signal he is open for a pass when someone on either wing has the ball- He waves as if he is signalling he is wide open for an easy goal and he is not being spotted.

I'm likecJohn calm down, there are still 10 sometimes 11 opponents ahead of you, I doubt you are about to score :-)

Was quality today.

Not sure about that. Did very well for 95% of the game but yet again made stupid errors giving the ball away in positions that could have been costly. He was clearly struggling with a knock at 85m and should have come off, especially as we had VK readied to come on.

I love the guy, but I think it's hilarious the way he Frantically waves his hand to signal he is open for a pass when someone on either wing has the ball- He waves as if he is signalling he is wide open for an easy goal and he is not being spotted.

I'm likecJohn calm down, there are still 10 sometimes 11 opponents ahead of you, I doubt you are about to score :-)

Him and Aleix Garcia are like those kids at school who will always have their hand up even if they don't necessarily have the answer.

John is a joy to watch and I can't wait to see his progress over the next couple of years.

Was quality today. Future captain of us and England. Wish we could get Vinny on the pitch with him at some point.

I like the guy, and yes definitely the future of the club. However, i wouldn't say he was quality today. For me, he gave the ball away too much, but it's something that will come with time. I still think we fuck about with the defence far too much. Don't know how many times this season he has played with a different partner in the centre and different full backs. If would be great to see the same back for for a few games.

Stones has all the skills to become world class - he just needs to be more careful of his passes. Every so often he makes a really daft pass, giving the ball away in a very dangerous position. I think he'll overcome these lapses as it's just down to concentration which can be learned - he has the raw talent (which cannot be learned) and should improve tremendously with Pep mentoring him.

I like the guy, and yes definitely the future of the club. However, i wouldn't say he was quality today. For me, he gave the ball away too much, but it's something that will come with time. I still think we fuck about with the defence far too much. Don't know how many times this season he has played with a different partner in the centre and different full backs. If would be great to see the same back for for a few games.

i think he gave the ball away maybe once ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.