John Stones - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
John has looked the canine's testicles so far this pre-season.

Yes, I know having a fully fit Vinnie and two very quick full-backs alongside him has helped, but he seems to have taken to the 'sweeper' rôle like the proverbial duck to water.

I'm very hopeful that the real John Stones will turn up this season.

Spot on. As much shit as he got last season I think he would consistently look great in the center of a back three. I would wager the games that we play that formation he won't receive much criticism.

Stones seems much more at ease as the center in a back 3. Less defensive pressure there and able to utilize on-the-ball skills.

He seems to be way more aggressive this season, in a good way. Very solid yesterday as hes been all pre season.

Stuart Brennan said he wasn't at fault for the goal but I disagree. First he played the guy onside then he didn't track Rooney's run and by the time Rooney slotted it in Stones was in no mans land. He's gonna have to be more assertive than that this season.

surely sanes awful mistake and silva not tracking his run are the main reasons for the goal... i thought he played well tonight.

Last edited:
There's no reason Bailly & even Christensen at Chelsea should be more developed than he is.

I'd sometimes love for him not to be such a likeable guy as I'm bit worried at times that he is not progressing at all. I'd love to see him few games in Busquests role though but you need some positioning sense in that, something I'm not sure he has a lot.

He reminds of Sterling when he arrived. Received non-stop criticism for the move and the cost and had the whole world waiting to pounce on every mistake. And as a defender every mistake is magnified tenfold.

Like Sterling early on, Stones clearly has been hurt by this.

But like Sterling, we need to give him the time and patience to develop. Sterling is now developing into one of our most enterprising and valuable players. There's no reason why Stones can't go in that direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.