John Stones - 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by karen7, 26 Jul 2019.

1. domalino

domalino

He's injured as much as he plays.

2. itisrising

itisrising

In the odd game, no but Fernandinho is simply not a CB. I remember when Pep tried to play Fernandinho as a fullback once and he was totally abject. I just don't see Fernandinho playing as a CB for a prolong period of time ending well for us.

3. Domkeefe

Domkeefe

There’s a big difference playing CB and RB to be honest.

4. Danny_Johnson4

Danny_Johnson4

I know what you are saying - and he looked miles out of his depth in the 15 mins he was there at old trafford in 2017.

However..
    I just trust the man/player more than Stones. Infact i'm at an impasse where I would barely consider stones a centre half himself; he is so frail.

Can definitely picture ferna in a back 3/5 as the centre link with midfield and walker/otamendi *gags* beside him - cancelo and mendy either side of those..

5. cjn

cjn

Christ. The injuries are unfortunate but between all of them and his various "bouts of confidence" it just isn't good enough.

6. itisrising

itisrising

Of course but it's more to the point that I don't think Ferna is as adaptable as Pep seems to think. He's a fantastic CDM but to play him as a long-term CB solution is bound to end badly.

I know what you mean but I think Stones is still a far more competent CB than Fernandinho. I'd much rather just see Garcia or THB who are actual centre backs in that position and have Fernandinho and Rodri just ahead as extra cover.

sir baconface likes this.
  7. MeatHunterrr

MeatHunterrr

Can see him being sold after this season. Certainly not worthy of new contract, unless on hugely reduced deal. (probably on 100k+ right now)

8. Father Paul

Father Paul

This is the reality but hopefully he can be a success in the short run. Remember Kolorov!!!

9. Trojan1962

Trojan1962

Hasn’t been able to stay fit in the last 9 months and when he has played he hasn’t been at his best due to lack of game time. I do feel sorry for the lad but it always seems he has muscle injuries. I can’t see Guardiola keeping faith with him if he continues like this

10. vincent

vincent

Not quite that straight forward as we have found with Otamendi in the summer. Offloading players who are underperforming and on huge contracts is a major problem for City and many other clubs too.