John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where's the media whitch hunt sterling had to go through? Bet he's not looking forward to getting booed at every away ground this season too like raheem is getting

Where's the media whitch hunt sterling had to go through? Bet he's not looking forward to getting booed at every away ground this season too like raheem is getting
Who's everton's greedy media whore looking for opinion story headline payments! Nobody of media worth so, there's your answer.

Stones is a Judas ****. How dare he fucking disrespect a club with a history like Everton, for some fucking plastic twatting club who were lucky just to fall into money. Fucking mercenary ****. No respect for the club that made him. He's won fuck all the wanker........

Is it that he's white?

Interesting that you say that - there's been a recent example of that down here in Australia in the AFL. Adam Goodes is an indigenous football player, who recently won an Australian of the Year and has used his profile to be quite outspoken on indigenous rights in Australia (which is fair enough). He has been involved in a few racially tinged incidents (young 13 year old girl calling him a monkey and him calling her out on it etc). Recently controversy has erupted when after a scoring a goal in a game Goodes performed a traditional war dance to opposing fans. A few young aboriginal players had recently toured the club and shown him their tribal dance and he said in tribute to them if he scored he'd perform it. This sparked off a number of weeks where opposing fans of teams he played against booed him. The justifications given for the booing is that he is disrespectful or he's a dirty player (diving, milking free kicks etc). However there are far more 'dirty' players in the league who get no attention, who just so happen to be white...

I honestly think some of the less enlightened AFL fans are using it as roundabout way to be racially offensive towards him, and I would hazard a guess that there's probably a tinge of that with regard to Sterling. All you needed to see where some of the reactions on twitter. I remember seeing one which said "Shouldn't be hard to replace Sterling as there's no shortage of black lads from London with chips on their shoulder.." or words to that affect. It's pretty disappointing in this day and age.

I digress, but back on topic the only reason why we would consider Stones ahead of our CBs is the fact that he's home grown. I don't think he's as good as any of our four. Chelsea view him as along term successor to Terry, and if they get 10 years service out of him the fee being touted will be peanuts.

I was fishing a bit mentioning race but I do think there's a possible link. I get the impression that white English equals golden boy (Gerrard for example) and black foreigner equals mercenary ( eg Anelka). Everyone else is in between. It's hard to get in words but I do think there's been a subconscious favoritism for a while. And recently social media has bred a new hord of horrible racist trolls. Then add them together to make the new age racist frenzy.

But maybe it's in my head. Might be an interesting project for someone to gather data on.

I think Stones is a good fit for Chelsea and at 40m Everton are getting a great price. More fools them though if they haven't lined up replacements with one week to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.