John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
If John Stones is worth close to the 40 mill being touted around then it makes the Sterling fee of 44mill very good business. An attacking player with match winning ability usually goes for a lot more than even the best defenders.

I was fishing a bit mentioning race but I do think there's a possible link. I get the impression that white English equals golden boy (Gerrard for example) and black foreigner equals mercenary ( eg Anelka). Everyone else is in between. It's hard to get in words but I do think there's been a subconscious favoritism for a while. And recently social media has bred a new hord of horrible racist trolls. Then add them together to make the new age racist frenzy.

But maybe it's in my head. Might be an interesting project for someone to gather data on.

I think Stones is a good fit for Chelsea and at 40m Everton are getting a great price. More fools them though if they haven't lined up replacements with one week to go.
Barnsley will be happy too with a 15% sell-on clause.

Barnsley will be happy too with a 15% sell-on clause.
£6m quid? I'd say they will, it'll actually be their record transfer fee received, beating the £4.5m they received from Blackburn for Ashley Barnes in 1998.

Hope Chelsea pay 40+ mill and get him. Honestly not sure how he's regarded as good as he is. And like others have said this makes sterlings 44mill look amazing in comparison.

Hope Chelsea pay 40+ mill and get him. Honestly not sure how he's regarded as good as he is. And like others have said this makes sterlings 44mill look amazing in comparison.
Spot on. The games I've seen him he is a mistake waiting to happen and gets dragged out of position.

He's a good defender with the potential to be very good imo. Mangala at 32m will be good business in comparison.

Is he playing tonight? If so it would appear he's doing his best to lower his fee.

Personally from what I have seen, Stones is going to be the next John Terry :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.