John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
john stones will look shit in our defence.

when you have both fullbacks pushing up at the same time and no holding midfielder then I don't care who is at the back they will look 50% the player.

if we played a more conservative style then otta and manga would look like world beaters.

its not the players its the attacking mentality of the team.

we have 4 very very good centre halves.

agree completely PF

john stones will look shit in our defence.

when you have both fullbacks pushing up at the same time and no holding midfielder then I don't care who is at the back they will look 50% the player.

if we played a more conservative style then otta and manga would look like world beaters.

its not the players its the attacking mentality of the team.

we have 4 very very good centre halves.

Well said PF.

Oh to have someone in there as good as the much maligned Gareth Barry eh?

If Pep does come, could see Javi Martinez possibly coming with him.

In the last two summers we have purchased 2 of the 4/5 most expensive CBs in football to partner Komps. In the last 4 years we have purchased one class CM and no fullbacks whatsoever. In neither of the latter areas do we have a starting quality player under the age of 30. I don't doubt Stones' ability, but is it really the best use of club resources to buy another 30+ mill CB when we have other pressing needs.

In the last two summers we have purchased 2 of the 4/5 most expensive CBs in football to partner Komps. In the last 4 years we have purchased one class CM and no fullbacks whatsoever. In neither of the latter areas do we have a starting quality player under the age of 30. I don't doubt Stones' ability, but is it really the best use of club resources to buy another 30+ mill CB when we have other pressing needs.

hes a cb we could have for next ten years, he's more than worth it. Exactly the type of player that pep would want imo. we can't turn down players, especially english ones like stones. I agree we do need full backs, coleman would be a good choice for right back

Agree 100%. We desperately need to overhaul our full backs as they're so important in the way we play. I'm not convinced by Stones either and we should give Denayer a chance before we start spending on yet another CB. It doesn't help our defence when one of our CM just jogs around the pitch when the other team have the ball

I'm honestly not sure that John Stones would make much of a difference, even if he does become as good as everyone thinks he will be. Nastasic was one of the most promising defenders in the world (think he was 19 when we got him) and Pellegrini made him look shit. We need to overhaul the entire style of play as we're so vulnerable on the counter, it doesn't really matter who our back 4 is.

I'm honestly not sure that John Stones would make much of a difference, even if he does become as good as everyone thinks he will be. Nastasic was one of the most promising defenders in the world (think he was 19 when we got him) and Pellegrini made him look shit. We need to overhaul the entire style of play as we're so vulnerable on the counter, it doesn't really matter who our back 4 is.

He is already one of the best centre backs in the league, he reads the game extremely well and is a leader!

hes a cb we could have for next ten years, he's more than worth it. Exactly the type of player that pep would want imo. we can't turn down players, especially english ones like stones. I agree we do need full backs, coleman would be a good choice for right back
Many said similar about Mangala. Perhaps the best way to fix our CB problem will be to get better players at other positions that are lacking. And play our younger CBs. Denayer, Evans and Humpheries should start getting looks. I for one think Evans and Denayer are beyond ready, and Humpheries is not far behind.

Get some top CMs who hustle but yet have vision and fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.