John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
You aren't being impatient. It's important that pep has a full pre-season with as many players as possible, to give us the best chance going into the new season, especially as we start playing competitively earlier due to CL qualifiers.
Not signing bonucci, or kroos, whose links have been rumours at best perhaps anyway, u can entirely understand. But haven't we been working on stones and sane since January!!?? We should have wrapped these up weeks ago. Stones is now back training with Everton which simply shouldn't have been able to happen.
We seem to have these long drawn out affairs every year, though.
If only Txiki and Pep would talk together like best mates there wouldn't be any misunderstanding...

...oh, wait a moment.

Perhaps everything is actually in hand?

No. But a deal should have been wrapped up really, when we have chased the player since January, and he wants to come to us.

But go on, you carry on with your "spoilt kids" lines, and we will have a conversation.

Nobody has a fucking clue.whether it 'should',be wrapped up or not.

What if Everton are ending the player auction on 10 Aug ? Or the 20 th ? What if they wany ten mil in add ons ? Nobody has a fucking clue apart from those doing he deal, or not, if it doesn't suit us.

Whilst I don't disagree with you, I think the signing of 19-22 year olds is more of a long term plan. We have a lot of players coming into their 30's. Very key players. Silva, Aguero, Vinny and Hart. Fernandinho is their already. The fullbacks are all quite old.
I see our plan to have a brilliant young squad, with the current crop of U18's/16 complimenting the young players we are buying.Diaz for Silva for example.
I personally believe there's been a gap of about 5 years where we've not had eds players of the required standard. The all conquering Young sides should be much different.

If rumours are to be believed, we could have the likes of Tosin & Diaz complimenting the likes of Stones, Sane, Gabriel & Iheanacho.

If we're still adding 5 or 6 players every season after Pep's tenure, I agree, we'll have failed in one of our primary objectives.
Correct, we've got no less than 9 first team players already in their 30'S. We're planning long term with the young top talent and the youth team.

No. But a deal should have been wrapped up really, when we have chased the player since January, and he wants to come to us.

But go on, you carry on with your "spoilt kids" lines, and we will have a conversation.

Sounds more like flapping than a conversation to me.

You think you understand the situation and all that's lacking is City meeting Everton's demands but:
1 - That may not be the situation at all.
2 - Just paying the extra to satisfy impatient fans is impractical as team will hold us at randsom.
3 - The extra few million could be put aside towards a Toni Kroos. What then?

Quit flapping. He's coming to City. He wants to come here and it's not in Everton's interest to stop him. Just let it play out.

I know the season hasn't started but already I must do better as I find myself agreeing with you so soon :).

All those whinging that Pep should have all his targets available for pre season come over as though the club hadn't thought of that.

We really have an impatient bunch

If Pep.wanted a player in so badly, now, that we should pay 5 or10 mil over the odds, then we would pay it. And guess what folks, they still might not let us have him til their sell by date is reached.

I agree mate....they are always just opinions because none of us know the full facts! Its fair to say, either side of the argument could be right! cheers

But you don't though, do you.
Which side of the fence will your next post be on :)

I agree completely mate.....I know its easy for us fans to say but I do think the value to having the new players learning under Pep's system for a full pre-season should far outweigh the couple of mil we trying to save over a 5-6year deal...I think the pattern of how we negotiate is the same every year and if us fans can see it, teams like Everton and Schalke will be reading us like a book and will not be in any hurry to start giving discount off their valuation just because the players want to be here....

Sounds more like flapping than a conversation to me.

You think you understand the situation and all that's lacking is City meeting Everton's demands but:
1 - That may not be the situation at all.
2 - Just paying the extra to satisfy impatient fans is impractical as team will hold us at randsom.
3 - The extra few million could be put aside towards a Toni Kroos. What then?

Quit flapping. He's coming to City. He wants to come here and it's not in Everton's interest to stop him. Just let it play out.
I didn't say I didn't think he was coming. But I am convinced we would rather have him in for pre season. And when you see other clubs around the world wrap up deals, you wonder why these long drawn out sagas often seem to follow us around.

Don't really get why people are saying we know fuck all. It's an internet forum. We're fans. Of course we know fuck all! It's speculation, based on what's visible to us. That's what happens on an internet forum – no more, no less. It's fun to speculate. That's it. Howard Hockin came right out and said on the Citywatch podcast yesterday that he knows fuck all about what's going on, and he's a bit more ITK than me…
Now, my tuppeny hapenny worth. I take the point about getting the deals done on Stones and Sané so that Pep is working with his people as early as possible. It's highly valid. However, these deals have to be seen in a longer perspective, perhaps. We've paid over the odds for years now. We clearly paid over the odds for Mangala, we arguably paid over the odds for Sterling (although I still think that that remains to be seen – let's just say that he didn't come cheap, but he's English, and he's young, and he could still develop into a hell of a player). At what point – when – does the club say stop, enough is enough? There's every indication that Stones and Sané both want to come here. With the info this morning on Sané's release clause dropping sharply next summer, it doesn't seem unreasonable for the club to say to Schalke, “Hey, you're not a very huge club, you know, we're offering you a more than handsome fee of about 45,000,000€ for a very young player who, only one year up the road, will be able to get out much more cheaply anyway”. I can see that point of view, in terms of a long term strategy of paying a more than fair fee, but not silly money, for our designated targets. What that would be indicative of is the sea change in the international status of this club. Ironically, it is now the rags who are reduced to offering silly money, whereas only a few years back, it was Ferguson who accused us of it.
By the way, please don't bother to tell me that it's not my money, not personally my money, coming out of my wallet. I am in fact aware of that. Put simply, it's my club, for life, and I feel concerned by the transactions of my club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.