John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely no doubt that's what we're doing. It's a classic Txiki bit of bartering - make sure the player only wants to come to you, then drive the price down by waiting, drip feeding information out to the press, and generally acting like you're not that bothered.

In general terms I have no problem with the club wanting to get the best deal possible for themselves. However I'm both surprised and a little disappointed that with Pep coming in this summer, someone higher up than Txiki & Soriano hasn't said "listen lads, go get the deals done early so Pep has got everyone he wants in for pre season - don't worry too much about haggling".

Valuations are loose things, but we're really not talking about outlandish ridiculous ones. Stones at 50 million vs 40 million ? Sane difference the same ? For me closing those deals is MUCH more important this summer than in any previous one. I also think at some point it begins to reflect badly from the players' point of view because they start thinking "well how badly do they want me".

Anyway maybe I'm just being impatient. Lets see what happens over the weekend and next week.
Spot on.

I'm with Billy on this one.

We need to get Stones in asap. He plays in a critical position and he needs to be bedded in to the fluid style that Pep will play this season. If it means paying the price that Everton wants then so be it. It is far more important that we hit the ground running and we have two very important champions league games to contend with.

Besides rumour seems to be that we are going to sell Denayer for 15 mill. If that's the case then we immediately recoup the extra money shelled out for Stones.

I know we really Dont know whats going on with transfers but once we supposed to have done the deal with the players agent and player wants to come why dont they just sit in a room face to face with the other club representatives thrash out the deal for a fee till its done and dusted?

I've hear from two Everton players that this is a done deal. Apparently he's back in training, but he's not actually training with the rest of the players. Lukaku also isn't involved. They were saying he's definitely leaving (they didn't specifically say to City though). One of them has been telling me the Lukaku to Chelsea has been done since around March, apparently they're going to pay £60m for him!

I'm going out with them tomorrow night after their game so hopefully I'll get some more info then!

City are sending a clear message about value this summer. A paradigm shift if you like...i personally admire the approach.

I've hear from two Everton players that this is a done deal. Apparently he's back in training, but he's not actually training with the rest of the players. Lukaku also isn't involved. They were saying he's definitely leaving (they didn't specifically say to City though). One of them has been telling me the Lukaku to Chelsea has been done since around March, apparently they're going to pay £60m for him!

I'm going out with them tomorrow night after their game so hopefully I'll get some more info then!

Very good update....I think you just went to the top of ITK pile

I'm with Billy on this one.

We need to get Stones in asap. He plays in a critical position and he needs to be bedded in to the fluid style that Pep will play this season. If it means paying the price that Everton wants then so be it. It is far more important that we hit the ground running and we have two very important champions league games to contend with.

Besides rumour seems to be that we are going to sell Denayer for 15 mill. If that's the case then we immediately recoup the extra money shelled out for Stones.

First of all, if rumours are to be believed, Everton want a replacement first. Second, throwing extra millions to get him a week early (when the lads are in China anyway) may not actually be what Pep wants at all. Maybe we are saving money for a Kroos type signing, like we've been linked to? Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.