John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar
I'd hate to see us buy Stones. That would mean yet again that we've been royally dry bummed for another CB. He'd cost us over £50m. That's just an absolute piss take. If Evertons scouts can spot him and get him from Barnsley for £3m why the fuck can't ours?
He was on the verge of joining Wigan before Martinez moved to Everton, so it was not a major surprise when they signed him.
This is how players used to be scouted and still are by clubs with smaller budgets. A few reports and then the manager would watch them. After all it's him who ultimately has to work with the player.
I'm not saying our way is wrong but does Pelleigrini go to watch our targets? I actually think he's like many European managers whose job it is to 'coach' the players given him rather than identify them

I'd hate to see us buy Stones. That would mean yet again that we've been royally dry bummed for another CB. He'd cost us over £50m. That's just an absolute piss take. If Evertons scouts can spot him and get him from Barnsley for £3m why the fuck can't ours?
Our scouts probably did spot him but we'd rather spend £35 million on a "more established" player from overseas.

The problem with buying "players with potential" is that the best way to develop them is give them games. If they're not quite ready yet it's hard to do that.

If we bought Stones from Barnsley he would barely have played.

The problem with buying "players with potential" is that the best way to develop them is give them games. If they're not quite ready yet it's hard to do that.

If we bought Stones from Barnsley he would barely have played.
It's surprising how many people don't realise this fairly obvious and entirely correct point.

It's surprising how many people don't realise this fairly obvious and entirely correct point.
I'm not pissed about not buying Stones, for me the problem is when we fail to pick up s player likecJoel Matip.

That is just unconscionable. He is a mid - to top end young CB on a free, and somehow we bungled it. Come summer we'll end up working over 30 mil for someone of his ilk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.