John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to think that transfers were the easiest thing and the quickest thing to get done but then last summer I wanted to transfer universities and I realised how much of a pain and how lengthy the process is. Even though they accepted me and I wanted to go, it still took a whole month after that.

I'm sure it is 100x more complicated for footballers so remain patient people :)

City especially get a lot of stick for inflating transfer fees but in most cases it is the sheer greed by the selling club that causes it but they always get off lightly.

Transfers have been around since football started and selling clubs always want a good deal but the attitude of Everton in this and the Lescott transfer is motivated by greed rather than a fair market price for a player who wants to go.

Liverpool did the same with Sterling. I wonder if the post transfer reaction fuelled by the media will be the same.
I was reading the Liverpool Echo to get some background and they were discussing chelsea's interest in Lukaku referencing a story in the Mail

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...valuation-former-Blues-ace.html#ixzz4FDQBZeiA

The transfer mkt was like house prices a fluid moving market, but this Summer I have no idea of value. I doubt clubs have or any of the participants.

How do yo judge the value of a player in the transfer mkt? By the irrationality of other moves? Perhaps you compare it to the income that is coming into these clubs. The transfer market doesn't seem real at the moment, but these transfers still have to be paid and the reality is the revenue generating ability of successful teams.

Is this Summer a blip which is going to settle down, or is £25m now the going rate for a Premiership transfer? We know what's fuelling this, the Sky TV deal and the enormous riches available for success, but I no longer know how to benchmark what is value in the transfer mkt. It has all gone crazy. We might be involved with Stones but really this is not a phenomena that can be pinned on MCFC for once.

What will happen when City try to sell players? Are we going to be able to command these fees? I think I know the answer to that. There'll be a whole clutch of clubs who have sensibly stayed out of this madness and will be looking at loans at best.

Last edited:
That's that then.
Haha! Joking aside, that game was the first time I'd seen Sterling with the shackles off and allowed to attack his full back. I don't think many would have contained him that night.
If I'm not mistaken I'm sure he was dropped for the next couple of games by our forward thinking manager. No wonder the poor lad didn't know if he was coming or going.

Haha! Joking aside, that game was the first time I'd seen Sterling with the shackles off and allowed to attack his full back. I don't think many would have contained him that night.
If I'm not mistaken I'm sure he was dropped for the next couple of games by our forward thinking manager. No wonder the poor lad didn't know if he was coming or going.

Was just wondering what people thought,wouldn't be the first time Pep changed a players natural position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.