John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really rate the lad but there's no way we can go anywhere near this transfer. Everton are just using us anyway it looks like.

Odds slashed on Man United and Chelsea target Stones signing lucrative deal with Man City
MANCHESTER CITY are making a late charge to sign Everton defender John Stones.

The Citizens are known to be interested in the talented England international and could trump both Manchester United and Chelsea to secure his services.

Bookmakers have reacted to a significant flurry of bets for Stones' Etihad arrival by slashing their odds from 25/1 to 4/1 in the past 24-hours.

The former Premier League champions have already English trio Raheem Sterling, Patrick Roberts and Fabian Delph to their ranks, and appear keen to add another exciting home-grown talent to their collection.

Though United have been linked with various defenders during the transfer window, their odds remained relatively untouched and are likely to drift.

Michael Bowers, Football Trader for Betfaircommented: "As yet another Chelsea bid is rejected by Everton, City may be stepping things up in the race for John Stones’ signature as the club looks to further bolster its home-grown talent count.

"This morning has seen huge support for Chelsea’s northern rivals and City have been backed from 25/1 to 4/1.

"Despite the fact that United are crying out for defenders they have seen very few bets on this market and are currently just 12/1 to sign the 21-year-old."

Could be signed next summer as a replacement for Demi and free up another non HG spot.

i think wed be stupid not to tbh, he's going to be the future england captain imo he's one of the best young centre backs in the league. Id have hime over man gala and demi. And he's a northerner.

A team with stones, sterling, roberts, some of the best young players in the country

i think wed be stupid not to tbh, he's going to be the future england captain imo he's one of the best young centre backs in the league. Id have hime over man gala and demi. And he's a northerner.

A team with stones, sterling, roberts, some of the best young players in the country

I agree Cheadle....Would make alot of sense if we were watching this kid and with Chelsea now stepping up the interest, maybe we've decided not to risk missing out on the player.....De Bruyne and Stones would make me feel alot better about this window!;)

I think we are driving the price up to stop chelsea and rags from signing him this season. Next season when demichelis moves, will be the best time for us to sign him.

Kompany, Mangala, Denayer, Stones . We'll be set at the center back position for years to come.

I agree Cheadle....Would make alot of sense if we were watching this kid and with Chelsea now stepping up the interest, maybe we've decided not to risk missing out on the player.....De Bruyne and Stones would make me feel alot better about this window!;)

even if we buy him and then loan him out it would be alright :) i think he's ideal for us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.