John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't see the game but I agree that he's not an outstanding CB. Pep will have a challenge making this guy any good.
If this guy wasn't any good then two of the best managers in the world wouldn't have gone for him.

Can't agree with that. £50m is simply £30m from ten years ago it a little less. It's Rio money.
Absolutely spot on. Ferdinand's final 'book value' in the rag accounts was £34M (Leeds waived some add-ons for cash when they were hurtling towards the financial wall) and that amount, in 2016, would equate to £50.8M. If that's what the City hierarchy think they're getting he will be worth the cash.

lets face it the market has gone mad so if Pep and the club think hes going to be what we need then we have to pay it simple as.

Shaw and Wio were £30 odd mil, david luiz was £40 odd mil so maybe £40/50 odd mil for Stones is not too bad ;-)

And if Pogs goes for £100m then the focus and pressure and media hype will be fully on him and Stones coming to us could slip under the radar as such.

lets face it the market has gone mad so if Pep and the club think hes going to be what we need then we have to pay it simple as.

Shaw and Wio were £30 odd mil, david luiz was £40 odd mil so maybe £40/50 odd mil for Stones is not too bad ;-)

And if Pogs goes for £100m then the focus and pressure and media hype will be fully on him and Stones coming to us could slip under the radar as such.

I keep seeing this argument. With the start of the PL upon us, if he is worth it, why have we simply not paid it and started preparing for the season with JS integral to those preps

If Pep wants Stones he sees something in the player that suits a variety of systems he wants us to play. I don't care how much we need to pay. The more need for the player the better chance we will get him. I can't judge Stones as I can our own defenders but I and many on here know enough to form an opinion about him. But we look with different eyes than the ones that matter judging him. Not worried if we continue with what we have, Denayer for Demichelis and Adarabioyo a real talent.

I keep seeing this argument. With the start of the PL upon us, if he is worth it, why have we simply not paid it and started preparing for the season with JS integral to those preps

maybe the club dont quite value him at £50m and are hankering for a deal but Everton want the full 50m and so hold all the cards dont they. I agree that if hes going to be an integral part of the team, then he really needs to get to us asap really.

maybe the club dont quite value him at £50m and are hankering for a deal but Everton want the full 50m and so hold all the cards dont they. I agree that if hes going to be an integral part of the team, then he really needs to get to us asap really.

I agree that we dont want to pay £50m because he's not worth that. Also agree and have stated all along, Everton are in the driving seat with this. The only crumb of comfort I take is that we must feel Everton are willing to compromise otherwise we would have put up or moved on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.